Connecting to webClient with Windows credentials

AitorEGAitorEG Member Posts: 342
Hi everyone,

My question is quite simple, but it's quite important at the same time. We have one customer with a VPN. In the company, they connect to the RTC with Windows credentials. They have one external worker, outside de domain, and they want to allow her to connect to NAV with the WebClient. I've read that it is possible to do that, to conenct to the webClient with those credentials, but how can be done? How shuld that external worker conenct with the browser, from any computer? Thank you all for your help

Answers

• NavNabNavNab Member Posts: 181
    Hello @AitorEG
    You can start from here https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh997088(v=nav.90).aspx#Anchor_5

And here is a global summary:
    Install NAV Web Server (you need to open adequate ports of course)
    Configure Delegation between NAV Server and NAV Web Server (if two different servers)
    Configure SSL
    You're god to go.
  • AitorEGAitorEG Member Posts: 342
    Hi @NavNab
    THnaks for your help. In my case, the external worker will by "Device" in the documentation I understand. Everything is installed on the server, I just need to connect the "device" to the webClient
  • NavNabNavNab Member Posts: 181
    I'm not sure how to use the "Device" table (maybe NAV allows only access to devices you declare in this table...).

IMHO, your first step is try to connect the user using her browser (without any limitation on the device). When this task is OK you can try to configure the Device on NAV and test if she can connect from another Device that is not declared in your setup.
  • AitorEGAitorEG Member Posts: 342
    THank you vey much, I'll work on it. Really appreciated!
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!