Options

Partial Shipment using Warehouse Shipment in NAV 2017

ipr13ipr13 Member Posts: 8
edited 2018-02-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I have a case in regards to warehouse shipment process.

In our company, a shipment process could have several sales order (SO) being processed on one shipment. By having such requirement, we decide to use warehouse shipment as it could cover multiple SO shipment. However, some of the item in the SO could have a partial shipment and it needs to be covered by warehouse shipment as well.

Is there any way we could have a partial shipment process by using different warehouse shipment document?

Of course we could decrease or increase the qty on sales order in order to process the partial shipment. However, seems like it is not an effective way for users as they have to change the qty on SO for every partial shipment.

I noticed that this question has been raised few years ago (almost 10 years ago actually) here in Mibuso, but there is no appropriate answer on that post.

So, any advice would be very much appriciated.

Thanks,

BR
IPR

Comments

• Options
    allenyyzhouallenyyzhou Member Posts: 142
    Hi

So the key point is you need multiple warehouse shipment(Not multiple posted warehouse shipment) and you do not want user to change Qty. or Qty. to Ship in sales order, correct?
    If you do not want to do the customization, I would do like this:
    1. Create warehouse shipment and get multiple sales order by "Get Source Document".
    2. Change the "Qty. to Ship" in warehouse subform and post shipment
    3. Re-open warehouse shipment and delete.
    4. Create another warehouse shipment...
  • Options
    Hi Allenyyzhou,

Yes, that's the case.

I've just tried and it works. But I haven't fully check if there is any side effect. In your experience, would that workaround affect some other function within WMS?

Anyway, thank you, Allenyyzhou.
  • Options
    allenyyzhouallenyyzhou Member Posts: 142
    Hi

I do not think this will be any side effect, all are pretty standard operations in NAV.
    Delete un-shipped warehouse shipment also possible in the real business.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've check it yesterday and I don't think the action will create any issue in the future.
    Thank you, Allenyyzhou!