Options

Object Marker v2.1.3

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
edited 2018-06-24 in Download section
Object Marker v1.0
The Object Marker tool was created to automate and simplify the process of exporting the necessary objects from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to a .txt/.fob file. According to the parameters specified by the user, the tool marks the necessary objects in the Object Designer of Microsoft Dynamics NAV according to a list of objects specified in a separate file. The tool verifies the objects in the Object Designer whether they are present in the object list file. If an object is present in the file, the tool marks it in the Object Designer. Then, either the user manually exports the marked objects selecting them with the help of the Marked Only function or lets the tool do this automatically.
The tool also provides the user with additional features, such as adding custom text to the version lists and changing the Modified field value for the marked objects.

P.S. Use on English Application Language only.

https://mibuso.com/downloads/object-marker

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    bvbeekbvbeek Member Posts: 32
    Nice tool!

You can also use the inspector for this.

Open the object-file.
    Mark all objects
    Push the button: "Create filter"

Download from: http://mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1018
    Yours,
    Bart van Beek
    Boltrics Professionals B.V. | www.boltrics.nl
    Nekovri Dynamics | 3PL Dynamics
  • Options
    AntidotEAntidotE Member Posts: 61
    bvbeek wrote:
    Nice tool!

You can also use the inspector for this.

Open the object-file.
    Mark all objects
    Push the button: "Create filter"

Download from: http://mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1018

My first purpose for making this tool was for getting needed objects for customer after upgrade/merging.
    Sometimes you don't have possibility to filter out necessary objects (e.g. all of them have different Modified flag, VersionList, etc), because upgrade was with several addons, few customer's objects, changed standard objects... And customer don't use versionlist by default...
    All you have - objects in txt after merging. Just copy it's list and feed to my tool :)
    It is hard to swim against self bloodstream... (c) Old, experienced kamikadze.
  • Options
    PavloKolesnikovPavloKolesnikov Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I've tried to download zip-file, but received McAfee virus verdict: W32/Autorun.worm.zf.gen
    Have you checked the file for viruses?
    :?
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Have you checked the file for viruses?
    Yes I did. I used ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

This is probably a false alert. The exe-file in the zip was written using AutoIt scripting language. On their support forum, this topic can be read regarding the virus/worm alert: Are my AutoIt EXEs really infected?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Thanks, Luc Van Dyck for clarifying.
    @PavloKolesnikov: I use Kaspersky Internet Security and it doesn't make noise about scripts I compile :)
    I'm sure, there is no viruses/trojans/etc in my solution.
  • Options
    cafeinecafeine Member Posts: 11
    Awesome tool! I see that it works great for 2009 versions but not 2013 which is expected as at that time it didn't exist. Any plans on updating it to work with all versions?
  • Options
    cafeine wrote: »
    Awesome tool! I see that it works great for 2009 versions but not 2013 which is expected as at that time it didn't exist. Any plans on updating it to work with all versions?

Hello @cafeine
    Long time I had no check on Mibuso.
    If you have issues with running Object Marker - feel free to write me paul.furlet at google mail.
    Luc will soon update it in download section.
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
    Object Marker v2.1.3
    The Object Marker tool was created to automate and simplify the process of exporting the necessary objects from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to a .txt/.fob file. According to the parameters specified by the user, the tool marks the necessary objects in the Object Designer of Microsoft Dynamics NAV according to a list of objects specified in a separate file. The tool verifies the objects in the Object Designer whether they are present in the object list file. If an object is present in the file, the tool marks it in the Object Designer. Then, either the user manually exports the marked objects selecting them with the help of the Marked Only function or lets the tool do this automatically.
    The tool also provides the user with additional features, such as adding custom text to the version lists and changing the Modified field value for the marked objects.

P.S. Use on English Application Language only..

https://mibuso.com/downloads/object-marker

Discuss this download here.