Fastest way to organize posting of custom documents ?

Hi all,
Need some hints on how to organize posting in navision. I am new to navision and i managed to create several documents for rental orders. Is there any advices on how to post that to journals and how the journals etc shall look like?
thanks in advance.

Answers

• NavSolutionNavSolution Member Posts: 36
    Please Clarify Question, Like Which Type Of Documents?Purchase Order Or Sales?
  • AndreyHrynyukAndreyHrynyuk Member Posts: 10
    Please Clarify Question, Like Which Type Of Documents?Purchase Order Or Sales?
    Rent orders. i created this type of document myself
  • AKAK Member Posts: 226
    Since you created the rent orders yourself, you have to investigate what the standard does when similar documents are posted. We don't even know if your rent orders contain accounts, items or whatever.
    In short:
    If you post a sales order with items, the standard creates an item journal line for each of them an passes them to codeunit 22, which then creates item ledger entries and so on.
    This is done in codeunit 80, which also creates the resulting shipments and/or posted invoices.
    AK wrote: »
    Since you created the rent orders yourself, you have to investigate what the standard does when similar documents are posted. We don't even know if your rent orders contain accounts, items or whatever.
    In short:
    If you post a sales order with items, the standard creates an item journal line for each of them an passes them to codeunit 22, which then creates item ledger entries and so on.
    This is done in codeunit 80, which also creates the resulting shipments and/or posted invoices.

It not contain items. At the moment i has Car table and Rentor table. i managed to create Rent Order and Book Order and has a Rentor Order table where all the orders are saved. I am now trying to make journal and document posting for that Rentor Order table. Shall i attach fob files?
    No, FOBs will not help. You have to tell us what you want to create at the end when posting. G/L Entries?
    No, FOBs will not help. You have to tell us what you want to create at the end when posting. G/L Entries?

I want to make a posting for my project. I wanted to create Rent Order Journal and Register and post the orders there and then to General Ledger if it is possible.
    Well, then you have to replicate the behaviour of the standard I outlined above for your tables.

Yes. but what if my rent orders are not similar to any existing documents?
    That doesn't matter because you should implement a solution that is similar to what the standard does, not use the standard routines. You have to create your own version of codeunit 80 which processes your rent order, creates posted rent orders (for which you have to create new tables) and create general journal lines to post them via codeunit 22.
    You might come to the conclusion that using and modifying the existing sales orders is less effort than creating almost everything from scratch.
    You might come to the conclusion that using and modifying the existing sales orders is less effort than creating almost everything from scratch.
    Using sales order for rent is not what i am trying to do. Even service managment would be better for that. Still as i mentioned above to do everything from a scratch is exactly what i want. i already created Rent Orders and Journal and Register for that orders. i am trying to combine all that tables now.