NAV 2017 CU 14 : Task Scheduler Problem

mcorvaisiermcorvaisier Member Posts: 19
Hello,

I just made a migration from 2015 to 2017 and I have a problem with job queues entries.

My service is set up like this (services picture) :aotpdhrcy2ar.png

In NAV, my job queue run once and after the job status is automatically "On Hold"

My Job is a reccurent job with a next execution time (job queue picture) : d2jb66gfvv29.png

I think the problem is in the codeunit 453 , there is a function for schedule the task.
ltqf6yfzoylu.png

Before schedule the task, program check if a record with the job queue entry record id exist in the system table "schedule task"

And the record is always find but there is nothing in the data table.

It seems like, the program find the current job queue entry task.

BUG Microsoft ?

Someone can help me ?

Thanks a lot.

Best Answer

Answers

• SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    You are almost right. The function is in Table 472 "Job Queue Entry" and the checking code was added in one of the last CUs. And indeed, the entry is still there, so no reschedule occurs for recurring tasks.

We did a quick fix by extending the filter in HasSheduledTask() (where, by the way, the name of the function is also wrong):
    ScheduledTask.SETRANGE(Record,RECORDID);
    // BUGFIX++
    ScheduledTask.SETFILTER("Not Before", '%1..', "Earliest Start Date/Time");
    // BUGFIX<<
    EXIT(NOT ScheduledTask.ISEMPTY);

Not sure how this was intended to work behind the scenes, and what this fix was for, but it works for now until we get an official change.
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    I change my statement above: We have now also completely removed the code, because there might be a chain reaction with the same categories, which had the same negative effect.
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • mcorvaisiermcorvaisier Member Posts: 19
    Thanks