Options

Using "FindNodes" function from CU 6224

AitorEGAitorEG Member Posts: 342
hi everyone,
I'm having a small isuue using the "FindNodes" function.

I get an XML like this:

2ceowdceawsp.png

I have to get all the "depotCode" nodes in one list. I was firstly using
XMLDomMgmt.FindNodes(locautXmlDoc,'//labelResponse/consignment/consignmentLabelData/transitDepots/transitDepot/depotCode',xmlNodeList);

but I was loosing the node under "sortDepot". I tried to use
XMLDomMgmt.FindNodes(locautXmlDoc,'//labelResponse/consignment/consignmentLabelData/transitDepots/../depotCode',xmlNodeList);

But of course, I don't get anything, because there are no ".." nodes.
Is there any way to map together all the nodes under "transitDepot" and "sortDepot" ? They should be toghether, becasue i have to take them in order...

Thnak you very much

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Thank yoou,

I've solved with
    XMLDomMgmt.FindNodes(locautXmlDoc,'//labelResponse/consignment/consignmentLabelData/transitDepots//depotCode',xmlNodeList);

Answers

• Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-01-11
    Start from some online XPath checker, I'm using this one: https://www.freeformatter.com/xpath-tester.html

Paster your XML in there, paste your selection XPath and see what's coming up

There is a bunch of sample XPath expressions on the freeformatter site. They are helping with understanding the syntax and build more advanced selections
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thank yoou,

I've solved with
    XMLDomMgmt.FindNodes(locautXmlDoc,'//labelResponse/consignment/consignmentLabelData/transitDepots//depotCode',xmlNodeList);