NAV on Android Phone

ACaignieACaignie Member Posts: 91
Hello,
I'm testing the phone app on Android (7.1.1 and 7.1.2) in combination with NAV 2017 CU11. I have a strange problem: when editing a page, like the customer page, all the entered information disappears. I have tested this on various phones with Android 7.1.1 and 7.1.2, and all have the same problem. I also tested this on a windows phone, and there it works fins (as expected :smile: )
I attached 2 print screens where the issue is shown
Is this some setting on the web client, IIS, NAV, Android, ... ?
I have surfed to the URL on the phone, and this gives the same result.

Any ideas?

itwhv66ulp2z.png
63oduztz2t35.png

Kind regards,
Andy

Best Answer

Answers

• LeoChuLeoChu Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem and have tried to install a old version of NAV app but the page fields were still blank.
    Finally, I uninstalled the update of Android System WebView and the disappeared data came back.
  • aceXaceX Member Posts: 165
    This should not to be happen. I have experience with both of the devices using Universal App and I've never faced with this kind of problem, but, maybe there is some issue with phone.aspx rendering in Android.
    As a fast (not very recommended) solution I will say to create your custom Mini Pages if is acceptable according to license.
    The bad thing here is, in NAV 2017 Mini pages are removed. In 2015 and 2016 there was Mini Pages for Customer, Vendor ... 1300, 1301.. Now those ID have other Pages

If you have previous versions of NAV you can see how this Mini pages ware created.

Regards
  • stevekwokstevekwok Member Posts: 2
    For newer android device. Webview is by default disabled. uninstall chrome update works.
  • ACaignieACaignie Member Posts: 91
    aceX wrote: »
    This should not to be happen. I have experience with both of the devices using Universal App and I've never faced with this kind of problem, but, maybe there is some issue with phone.aspx rendering in Android.
    As a fast (not very recommended) solution I will say to create your custom Mini Pages if is acceptable according to license.
    The bad thing here is, in NAV 2017 Mini pages are removed. In 2015 and 2016 there was Mini Pages for Customer, Vendor ... 1300, 1301.. Now those ID have other Pages

If you have previous versions of NAV you can see how this Mini pages ware created.

Regards
    Hi AceX,
    Sorry for the late reply, but I was on holiday leave.
    I have checked the mini pages in NAV2016, and I see no difference between these pages and normal ones. I have created some small custom pages for testing, but they have the same problem.
    Or there must be something I didn't notice...
    Andy
  • ACaignieACaignie Member Posts: 91
    stevekwok wrote: »
    For newer android device. Webview is by default disabled. uninstall chrome update works.

Hi Steve,
    Indeed this works. I'm sorry I flagged your answer as 'no', as it does work. But I cannot seem to get it to Yes :-(
    Thanks for the help
    Andy