Schema Sync, Definition has changed, etc

JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
Question for folks. NAV 2017. I make a change to a table, say Job, and sync that one table immediately. Why is it, then, that the RTC client reports that the definition of the Sales Header has changed on Sales Order pages?

Am I missing something in how sync works these days? I have a vague memory that this might have to do with subscriptions.
JEREMY VYSKA
CEO, Spare Brained Ideas, Göteborg, Sweden
New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"

Best Answers

Answers

• kvbkvb Member Posts: 107
    good question, my "like" is on the table :)
    JDVyska wrote: »
    Question for folks. NAV 2017. I make a change to a table, say Job, and sync that one table immediately. Why is it, then, that the RTC client reports that the definition of the Sales Header has changed on Sales Order pages?

Am I missing something in how sync works these days? I have a vague memory that this might have to do with subscriptions.

By the way, Jeremy do you have multitenant environment or single?
  • JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
    Single tenant DB.
    JEREMY VYSKA
    New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"
  • janpieterjanpieter Member Posts: 298
    We have that a lot, it is mysterious. I have a habbit of hitting 'build server application objects' and synchronize all objects with force from the menu after changing a key table. This seems to decrease the problem however I'm clueless why this would be needed.
    In a world without Borders or Fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
    edited 2017-12-07
    My guess was about multitenant environment but its not right as JDVyska answered..
    So it is also a mystery for me...
    I usually just restart the client and that`s really frustrating for customer to do this each time after importing just a single minor table.

Maybe our MVP`s know more about it?
    That makes sense, thanks!
  • JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
    Welp, that makes the most sense. I might test it out, but that's entirely logical.
    JEREMY VYSKA