Item approval

I was just trying to implement the item approval with the expectation that I won't be able to enter the item in an purchase or sale line as long the item has not been approoved. NAV did create an approval but the item has not been blocked in the purchase/sales line in any way.

Does anybody have experiance with this Kind of approval?

Answers

• aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    are you blocking the item, or making it a restricted record?
  • Thomas_LThomas_L Member Posts: 4
    edited 2017-04-06
    I specified in the workflow setup as a restricted record - if it does get restricted do I not know, because I don't know how the result is supposed to look like. How could I block it?

ppa8qag43vv4.jpg

6qemvyqhqtmk.jpg

• bilalraibilalrai Member Posts: 50
    If possible send snapshots in english please. Its probably Danish. :smile:
  • bilalraibilalrai Member Posts: 50
    BTW if you use the option "Restrict usage of record" it may help you.
  • stoopidcantstoopidcant Member Posts: 5
    Did you get this working? Having same issue.
    What's the ploblem, what's the ploblem?
  • NavNabNavNab Member Posts: 181
    Hi @Thomas_L
    Thomas_L wrote: »
    with the expectation that I won't be able to enter the item in an purchase or sale line as long the item has not been approoved

Well, that is your expectation :wink:

The standard workflow adds a restriction to the freshly created Item and let you use it on your PO, SO, Item Journals... But you will not be able to post your documents.

If you want to block the item then you need to customize the workflow.

You may also add code to check "Record Restriction" on the PO, SO, Item journals... when you select an item.

On another note, I saw that you asked the same question here. You may delete one of them in order to help people help you efficiently.
  • stoopidcantstoopidcant Member Posts: 5
    @navnab - this is what I expected but when I use the out of the box "Item Approval Workflow" in NAV 2017 (screenshot of workflow);

on0qeuv5fbm5.png

I can see the record is added to Restricted Records (screenshot below);

0jw10dlf114y.png

I can however still add to Purchase Orders, Sales Order etc and post regardless of it being restricted. (screenshot below);

fwsuhe8tq92h.png

What's the ploblem, what's the ploblem?