How to contact Microsoft regarding Dynamics

whizzergowhizzergo Member Posts: 22
Reading back through threads where customers have had significant issues with partners, the general suggestion is to first contact Microsoft. Does anyone know how to go about this in the UK? In trying to find contact details for anyone I just find myself in an infinite loop on MS sites.

Answers

• Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    As far as I can tell Microsoft is not really doing partner management, as in, recommending partners to customers based on their specific needs and location. Pipol.com is the closest thing I found to that, a global alliance of partners.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    whizzergo wrote: »
    Reading back through threads where customers have had significant issues with partners, the general suggestion is to first contact Microsoft. Does anyone know how to go about this in the UK? In trying to find contact details for anyone I just find myself in an infinite loop on MS sites.

Wow, sorry but that has to be the worst possible advice I have heard in quite some time. Microsoft are a sales organization, so "The Best" partner will be the one that sells the most and often that will be in complete contradiction to your needs.

Find some customers and ask them. Choosing the right partner is by far the single most important decision you will have to make in implementing any ERP system.
    David Singleton
    The first rule I always suggest is to never forget the Goldilocks principle. Not to big not too small. You don't want to be a small customer for a huge partner, or a huge customer for a small partner. You need to find a partner that has most of the clients the same size as you, that make you important to them and in their comfort zone.
    David Singleton
  • whizzergowhizzergo Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for the replies guys. We have actually chosen a partner and they've turned out to be a complete disaster. I'd now like to discuss our best way forward with Microsoft. Could anyone recommend the best way to go about that?

Thanks
  • rosonroson Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Just just need to find a partner you can work with, there are plenty of them out there (I co-own one). Feel free to email me if you need help, roland (at) taigsolutions.co.uk

Like David said, the biggest thing is finding a partner you can trust, NAV is a fantastic ERP just need to make sure you get the right partner to help you.

Kind Regards
    Roland
    edited 2017-12-07
    whizzergo wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend the best way to go about that?

In that case Wizzergo, I would recommend that you find an independent consultant or Navision Freelancer. Whilst they are not the right person to recommend a partner, they are the right person to give you an unbiased evaluation of your current situation and then review potential partners you are considering, and give match them to your needs.

Having an unbiased voice that is not dependent on license sales is always a good way to get honest advice.
    David Singleton
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I recommend you join NAVUG - the NAV User Group. On their forum you can pose a question like this to other NAV users and get their recommendations.
    It does have a cost, but it is run by the user community.
    I will also give a plug to NAVskills - they offer free webinars - no strings attached on a variety of topics.
    NAVUG also offers many free webinars plus some paid training.
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    I used to work at tecman.co.uk when I lived in the UK and they are seriously good. Their managing director is MVP James Crowter who blogs at: http://www.dynamicsbusiness.co.uk/ you can't really go wrong with them. They are located in the West Midlands.

As a general note, people who have a professional blog tend to be seriously good at it. I tend to follow that one rule in everything - if I need an SQL expert I try to find one who has a blog and lives not too far from me.

Finding partners, and especially, finding add-ons is pretty much a mess now. Mostly word of mouth. Pipol found me a pretty good partner in Dubai within 1 day, better than the one I was able to google up so I think they worth a try too.