NAV Object Comparer v2.2

2»

Comments

• SonGoten13SonGoten13 Member Posts: 44
    Nice tool, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

I have some Databases where i first got the following Error Message:
    "Object loading from database [xx] on server [yy] has failed with the following message: Ungültiger Objektname 'Object'."

Its a server and database with german language and the table is called 'Objekt'.
    I find it a bit strange because for example the 'Object Metadata' table is with the 'c' and not the 'k'. But well, its a production Database and its working so i dont dare to try to change that.

I could make it work with a simple View though. \:D/
  • KaetchenKaetchen Member Posts: 106
    This is a great tool. Thanks so much for making it available. :D :thumbsup:
  • aodaod Member Posts: 54
    Is it possible to use this tool with local Database Files or is a Server mandatory ?

Thanks
  • alvi99alvi99 Member Posts: 71
    Great tool, thanks! :-)
    I found a minor bug, if a modifyed object is imported as text and compiled it gets registered as Older even though all parameters are the same.
    Example: Two datababases NAV1 and NAV2 same version (NAV 2017). Table 15 is modified in NAV1 and exported as text and imported in NAV2. When comparing NAV1 and NAV2 in NAV Object Comparer v2.2 (with NAV1 as primary database) table 15 is now registered as Older in NAV2, even though the objects are identical.
  • R3dNeX90R3dNeX90 Member Posts: 5
    I have an issue too. I compared 2 Databases, and it says Table 123 is Missing. So I checked, but the Table 123 is in the Second Database as well, so it shouldnt say that.