Real-life cost of Azure deployment 4-8 users nav 2016/2017

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi,

Does anyone have any real-life costs for Azure charges for a small deployment of 2016/2017? 4-8 users, any usage model - just lookingg for some high-low numbers right now.

Ron
Ron

Best Answers

Answers

• kenniekennie Member Posts: 34
    What topology are you looking for? 1-2 VMs for NST with a load balancer? Make sure that you run on >1 core machines for the NSTs. For database, I would go with multi-tenancy mode (split app and tenant database), to ease tech upgrades. Don't go for the smallest possible database tier, do test different tiers on the workload for the customer to find the best fit
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    a load balancer for 4 to 8 users ???
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    I'm sorry to say, that even with the biggest vm's, I found Azure to be slow.
    Their disc performance where bad, maybe it's gotten better, but I found another provider for VM, that outperforms azure. Customers was not happy.
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog
  • rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    Interesting. What provider did you go with, and do you have an estimate of monthly costs?
    Ron
    Again, I'm looking for real-life COSTS, any configuration that you have them for.
    Ron
  • JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    A local Company in Denmark.
    A single server deployment 4cores8memory and SSD harddrives around 230 euro.
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog
    Answer ✓
    230 euro - is that per month?
    Ron
    Juhl - thanks
    Ron