RunObject Property

jhanvincent14jhanvincent14 Member Posts: 214
can I use RunObject Property of an action button based on a condition ? thanks for the help :)

Best Answers

Answers

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Hi,

If I understood correctly you want RunObject to run different objects depending on some condition.

Unfortunately this is not possible.

RunObject always links to one object, its type and id are assigned when you desing the action, and cannot ba changed at runtime.

But - you can have two actions with the same captions, with visibility controlled by your conditions, each action linked to a different object via RunObject property.

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • YuryYury Member Posts: 59
    Hi,
    Exactly, but also you can write your own code on trigger OnAction with conditions whatever you want
    Regards,
    Yury
  • jhanvincent14jhanvincent14 Member Posts: 214
    Hi,

If I understood correctly you want RunObject to run different objects depending on some condition.

Unfortunately this is not possible.

RunObject always links to one object, its type and id are assigned when you desing the action, and cannot ba changed at runtime.

But - you can have two actions with the same captions, with visibility controlled by your conditions, each action linked to a different object via RunObject property.

Slawek

oh. thanks for the tips.
    i have another question, How can I get the active row of a list in navision ?
  • jhanvincent14jhanvincent14 Member Posts: 214
    Thanks a lot guys :)