Item Card - Unit cost not update after PO Posting

mpdevnavmpdevnav Member Posts: 34
edited 2017-08-11 in NAV Three Tier
gtw8j3ngcwbs.jpg
Hi ,

We are using Nav 2016 and costing method is Average cost.

We have some challenge's in updating unit cost in real time that if you post any PO with Diff price, item card unit cost is not getting adjusted as per the last posted PO, unless we run the batch Job (Item cost -adjust entries, post inventory cost to G/L ) in the month end.

This leads so many adjusted entries ( Value entries, G/L ) at end of the month for the batch job process.

Refer our Inventory setup.

Answers

• bostjan.les@gmail.combostjan.les@gmail.com Member Posts: 30
    edited 2017-08-13
    You should use "Automatic Cost Adjustment", to automaticity run cost adjustment after any change in inventory that could change inventory value (like purchase invoice or production order).

Usually I set it to "Always".

m2u7qgxraie5.png
  • mpdevnavmpdevnav Member Posts: 34
    Thank you, let me try that option.
    Hi ,

I have changed to always, but still, it's not updating item card unit cost unless I ran the adjust cost -item entries and post inventory cost to G/L.

kindly advise.

• rfajdigarfajdiga Member Posts: 40
    When you switch from never to always system doesn't adjust older entries and that is why you don't have cost adjusted.

When you switch to always and turn on "Automatic Cost posting" you need to run Adjust cost -item entries and after that, all costs will be adjusted on items and you will have a flag on it. After that, every invoice posting in PO will adjust item cost.

BR,
    Renato.
    Dear Renato,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it's updating now.

I would like to know regarding adjusted entries ( Value entries, G/L ) , is it possible adjust the values on existing record instead of creating new entries.

We were using Nav 3.0 before on that its' was adjusted on existing record (values entries).

Management doesn't want to have additional entries on value entries.

please advise.