How do I make my custom dll run server side?

SunsetSunset Member Posts: 200
edited 2015-02-05 in NAV Three Tier
For an integrationproject we have created our own little C# dll to handle some of the functionality. Running this on client side works like a charm 8)
However, for various reasons we want this to run server side, but for some reason this is not possible, and I can't find any documentation on what I am doing wrong ](*,)
Whenever we try to use it, it fails with "cannot create an instance of the following .net framework object....." After various tests with signing etc we decided to go back to basics, and simply create an Hello World dll. But that gets the same error :roll:
The dll has been copied to the server\Service\Add-ins folder (as well as client while coding). in NAV a variable has been declares as Hello and the following code made:

Hello := Hello.Class1;
MESSAGE(Hello.hi);
Running on server side it fails, and running on client side it works perfectly.

Could someone please tell me that I'm not going nuts, but just am a fool for forgetting <enter solution here>. Failing that, point me to some documentation on what I need to read up on [-o<
Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself

Best Answer

• SunsetSunset Member Posts: 200
    Answer ✓
    Nevermind. It turned out to be some mixup in the installation :oops: We tried it in a setup with various NAV servers running, but when moving it to a virgin setup it worked as expected.

Answers

Answer ✓
    Nevermind. It turned out to be some mixup in the installation :oops: We tried it in a setup with various NAV servers running, but when moving it to a virgin setup it worked as expected.
  • arachnidaarachnida Member Posts: 1
    Hi can you provide me how can i make this dll. I am on Nav 2017 and I want to crate a .net dll for handling with xml But I want to use this on codeunit.
  • JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    You don't need an external project/dll to handle XML. You can do that in c/al with dotnet variables.
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog