Creating new fields and passing them to tables

rj5570rj5570 Member Posts: 157
edited 2008-01-17 in Navision Attain
i was wondering how i can pass a new field from one table to another.

example, i created a new field in gen. line journal and i wanted to pass it to the G/L entry table. I created the fields exactly the same in each table with the same field #, name and settings.

but when i post, the information doesnt show up on the G/L entry table.

what do i need to do to validate this field so it will pass
- So it Goes.

Comments

• KonradKonrad Member Posts: 30
    Modify codeunit 12 "Gen. Jnl.-Post Line".
    See "InitGLEntry" function.
  • rj5570rj5570 Member Posts: 157
    thank you!

now all i need is permission to do that, time to check the pricing and get with my NAV re-seller
    - So it Goes.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Check out codeunit 10201 - Transfer Custom Fields. This codeunit is there exactly for this purpose. Put your field transfer into the GenJnlLineTOGenLedgEntry function and that shold take care of all your needs..
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Nice call - I like that codeunit!
  • rj5570rj5570 Member Posts: 157
    still need to get licenses to be able to run design of code unit
    - So it Goes.
  • krishnamkkrishnamk Member Posts: 27
    Dear Denster,

I could not find the codeunit 10201 - Transfer Custom Fields in nav 2017. Will you advice please...

Kris
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    it's part of the NA localization
  • NavNabNavNab Member Posts: 181
    @krishnamk

The suggested solution was relevant is 2008. we're in 2017 and you're using NAV 2017. Fortunately, the world has changed a lot. We have more options than just modify standard objects. Check this ;)
  • Tina_MenezesTina_Menezes Member Posts: 12
    Hi,
    As suggested by @nabil.bamoh@hotmail.com, if you cannot modify standard objects, you can create events in a new codeunit i.e. create a new function. Add the eventPublisherObject i.e. your object name. Add the event function which indicates when this code will execute and if required you need to add your event publisher element like in the case of OnAfterValidateEvent.