Decimal separator in excel.

Visi_VVisi_V Member Posts: 8
Hello Everyone.

I got a question about decimal separator in excel.

I want to make my decimal look like this 1.234,56 from this 1234,56. in my excel document.
It should do it when i run the report 82(Export to excel), from G/L budget.
My navision version is 2015 and location is DK.

Where should I make the chance??? I have done nearly everything, like format it, but it won't change it.

Best Answer

Answers

• SowkarthikaSowkarthika Member Posts: 102
    Hi,

You have to use FORMAT function to get the decimal in your required format . You have to write FORMAT function while passing data to excel. refer the link https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/f/developers/34821/how-to-generate-decimal-in-txt-in-2-decimal-places
  • zaidtariqzaidtariq Member Posts: 52
    edited 2017-01-26
    Hi @Visi_V
    There could be Multiple soultion like you may change you region settings or you may define desired format in FORMAT command in C/AL to export data to excel.
    Best Regards:
    Zaid Tariq
    Dynamics NAV/365 BC Developer at Dynamics 360

please like / agree / verify my answer, if was helpful.
  • zohaibu95@hotmail.comzohaibu95@hotmail.com Member Posts: 223
    edited 2017-01-26
    @Visi_V if you want to change decimal separate from ',' to '.' then all you need is to change the regional settings on your pc/server.

To do this, click on your clock and go to Date and time settings.
    Select region and lanaguage and click on Additional date,time & regional settings.
    Click on change date time and number format
    Click on Additional settings
    Change Decimal symbol to '.' or whatever you want.

Now export and it will work like a charm! :)
    Best Regards
    Zohaib Ahmed
    Dynamics NAV ERP Technical Consultant.

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thanks.
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    Hi,

Is there any useful documentation on the methods of Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.OpenXml (the assembly Excel Buffer uses to generate the worksheet)?

My report 82 already uses the format string '#,##0.00', which causes the cell in Excel to be of type Zahl (Number) and showing numbers in Excel's default number format like 1.160,00 (note the usage of comma and dot according to German language setting, contradicting the given separators in the format string!). I would expect excel using a custom format with a custom format string given.

If I change the format in the report to '' (empty string), the number is formatted as Standard (default), not showing any trailing 0-decimal digits, nor a thousands-separator.

My RTC client language is set to German, if that matters, as is my Windows'.
  • rmv_RUrmv_RU Member Posts: 119
    Use following function to convert delimiter.

ConvertDelim(lExpression : Text[250]) : Text[250]
    lText := FORMAT(1.1);
    delim := COPYSTR(lText, 2, 1);
    lExpression := CONVERTSTR(lExpression, ',', FORMAT(delim));
    lExpression := CONVERTSTR(lExpression, '.', FORMAT(delim));
    EXIT(lExpression);
    Looking for part-time work.
    Nav, T-SQL.
  • Visi_VVisi_V Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the feedback :)