Options

Nav report 2009 to 2016

Hi to all.

I searched my problem internet but can't find a solution. So i am writing here.

We are upgrading Nav Version. And I am working on reports.

First, I Export 50XXX report as txt(2009). Then, I tried to Import to Nav 2016. But have a problem. The message box says : "You cannot import an object that does not have a DATASET section"

1. Q) How i can handle this problem?
2. Q) What is the best way for report upgrade? Many people says in internet : "You need upgrade 2013 first, and then to 2016"

thank for your helps,
Have a nice days.

Answers

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    You need to run "Upgrade Report" from the Tools menu in NAV 2003 (not R2) Development Environment on the Report.

You might be able to import your Report as text; you will not be able to import it as fob. Alternatively do a technical upgrade on your NAV 2009 database to NAV 2013.

You need to be able to compile your report in NAV 2013 before you can upgrade it. However, you will not be able to edit the report in order to fix errors. So, be prepared for this most unfortunate situation.
  • Options
    DolshaDolsha Member Posts: 41
    i'll upgrade too much reports from 2009 to 2016, and faster solution: rebuild ur report in report builder.
    2009=>2013=>2016 not ez way, but u can try =)
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    ievasimplanovaievasimplanova Member Posts: 45
    You can try NAV report converter - which allows automatically convert Classic NAV reports to RDLC
    Tired of Dynamics NAV Report Upgrades? - Convert automatically Classic NAV reports to RDLC format with Simplanova Report Converter
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Try ForNAV tool. It is a 3rd party reporting tool fully integrated with NAV. We are using it and it is worth every penny we spend on it.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03