Options

NAV 2015 Performance issue, Not SQL, rather ASync I/O

Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
I.e. the SQL server is trying to push data on the NAV Server and has to wait for the NAV Server. Measured by the IT team but also on a user experience level, you feel a 2 sec latency at every query regardless of whether it is 1 record or 10000.

At CU4, will moving to CU28 help? Since it means database conversion and likely having to stop operations for half a day I am a bit vary of it, would only do it if it seems likely it will help.

Answers

• Options
    vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

This sounds to me like a networks issue.
    I would temporary install NAV Service Tier on the SQL server, and connect it to database.
    I would check the performance also ask users to test.
    In other words SQL server and NAV Service are on the same machine.

If the performance is good, then there is a network problem between the SQL server and NAV Server. It is for the IT team to investigate.
    If performance is still bad then there is some code in NAV that makes the things slow.
    You have to do some debugging in NAV to find the culprit.
    Third option is that SQL database is not optimised (e.g. index fragmentation) hence it is very slow.

In all cases upgrade to CU28 won't resolve them. The upgrade to CU28 will fix other issue and make things better but I doubt it it will fix the performance issue.
    Anyhow upgrade to CU28 is beneficial.

I hope this helps.