NAV 2013 R2 Performance on SQL Server 2012

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Dear Sir,

The SQL Server is running on a well o:) configured Server. The Server Configuration is given below.

1. OS - Windows Server 2012 R2
2. RAM - DDR3 24 GB ECC
3. RAID 10

The NAV SERVER is also installed in the same server. Almost 112 concurrent End-users are accessing the NAVISION Database thru different clients system.

I have noticed that in a particular time( 5PM/6PM) the SQL as well as the NAV SERVER are consuming the whole (20GB+) RAM of the Server everybody & makes the Server unstable.

So, please let me know how to solve this issue.

Thanks in adv.
Now or Never

Answers

• RSA_TechRSA_Tech Member Posts: 65
    Check to see if you have any SQL jobs running at that time.
    Make sure you have wait stat updates and an index rebuild happening regularly.

Since your issue is happening at a specific time I'd look into what tasks users are performing at that time to get an idea for the process slowing things down.

I'd also recommend looking at the top wait stats for your server to see where the bottle neck is and/or run PAL performance analysis of logs to get a better idea.

Having the NAV server and the SQL Server on the same box is not common. That could be putting a resource strain on your system.

One more thing. Do you have a whole heap of historical data that the app and database may be sifting through pointlessly?
  • kenniekennie Member Posts: 34
    We updated the MSDN documentation on SQL Server setup and configuration two months ago:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-nav/installation-considerations-for-microsoft-sql-server

Maybe there is something in there that you can use.