Outlook Add-in for Dynamics NAV 2017

MBClarkeMBClarke Member Posts: 71
Hi,

I know that we are told there is an add-in for Outlook that links to NAV 2017, seen the video showing this option. Has anyone managed to set this up correctly?

I have run the install option, but I do not see the add-in in my Outlook, and it is not found under the Options > Add-in, under any of the options. I have tried to add it manually, but I get the error from MS that the dll is not a valid add-in file.

Any ideas? I need to demo this to a client who wants to upgrade soon.

Thanks in advance,
Malcolm

Comments

• postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Its does not come in outlook until you set it up from NAV.

But for setup it on NAV you need to use an SSL-Enabled Service Tier and if I am not wrong it also needs the service with SSL and NAVUSerpassowrd as authentication.

So to give it a try you need to -

1. Setup your service with SSL (This should work https://saurav-nav.blogspot.in/2015/11/microsoft-dynamics-nav-2016-how-to.html)

2. and then using assisted setup from NAV 2017, select Outlook for Financials and it will setup.

Once that is setup then you will get the add-in in outlook.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • MBClarkeMBClarke Member Posts: 71
    Hi Saurav,

Thank you for the response. I have created the certificate as specified, but I do not see where I run option 2 from. Where I select the Outlook for Financials? Where is this setup?

This might be what is outstanding, but we are also struggling with SSL setups, but I think we might be trying to setup something incorrectly, so if you explain to me where step 2 is found, I will try that.

Regards,
    Malcolm
    Hey Malcolm,
    Thanks for the update.
    In Role Tailored Client Search for assisted setup page.
    In that page, you will find so many options which are wizards to setup the new system. Out of them, one option is to setup outlook for financials.
    You can use the wizard it will take you through the steps.
    Let me know if there are any issues.
    I will try to come up with an article during weekend on same topic.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Hi Saurav,

Thank you again for your assistance. I have tried to set this up now, but I keep getting and error that states, an Office 365 or Exchange mailbox could not be found for this account.

I have setup the SMTP settings, and that sends a test mail to me without issue.

Will have to investigate this further.

Not sure why Microsoft creates new functionality in NAV without any documentation on how to set this all up. How are we supposed to demo this functionality if we do not have proper documentation on the setups.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards,
    Malcolm
  • darrenlimdarrenlim Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am also trying to Setup Outlook for Financials, but unfortunately not successful due to the following error message.4smyh762x3ir.jpg

Can anyone advise does it mean that SSL Cert is a must to be installed in the NAV Server?

Please note that I am also using Office 365 and AzureAD. Hope anyone can share more with me the requirements and steps to setup Outlook for Financial in NAV 2017.

Thanks.
  • maique00maique00 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I faced the same problem and it was solved on Dynamics NAV 2017 Administration.

On the service for NAV2017, you should populate the field Web Client Base URL with the appropriate value (in my case https://localhost:8081/DynamicsNAV100/WebClient/).

After this configuration, you should stop and start again the service. After you are able to finish the Setup Outlook for Financials.

Thanks.

José Azevedo
  • Eboy82Eboy82 Member Posts: 25
    I have NAV 2017 running with username/password and with SSL enabled, I can finish the assisted setup with no error, but nothing appears in my Outlook 2016 client. Any ideas?
  • Eboy82Eboy82 Member Posts: 25
    Worked on a different machine with also Outlook 2016, no idea why really.
    Hi Saurav,

Thanks for all the assistance and the instructions. I have done all the required setups, and face a new problem. When I open Outlook and then try use the NAV link in Outlook, I keep getting the following error: ADD-IN ERROR: Sorry we cant load the add-in. Please ensure you have internet and network connectivity....

I have all of that, my email is working, my network is running my internet is up and running.

Yesterday I had a similar error, but it said that it could not run the add-in. I am not sure where to go from here.

Thanks,
    Malcolm
    Hi @MBClarke ,

I am not sure but try this -
    1. Navigate to OFFICE ADD-IN MANAGEMENT in Dynamics NAV configured with NAVuserpassword.
    2. Select Deploy all add-ins.

Let me know how it goes. If it works i will update the article too.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

• rashidkhanrashidkhan Member Posts: 4
    Hi Saurav and Clarke,
    I am also getting the same error. Deploying all addins does not seem to work for me.

Thanks and Regards,
    Rashid
  • KCLaiKCLai Member Posts: 31
    I have created NAV instance running Windows Authentication with SSL.
    My web client, phone clients are running properly.
    I was able to complete the Assisted>Setup Outlook for Financials" without issue.

But In Outlook when I clicked on "Insight NAV" ribbon button I received error saying the server authentication does not support this add-in".
    Why can Windows Authentication be supported?

• Navitrans_fvetNavitrans_fvet Member Posts: 9
    MBClarke wrote: »
    ADD-IN ERROR: Sorry we cant load the add-in. Please ensure you have internet and network connectivity....

Has anyone been able to resolve this error? I've followed all steps above and am stuck with the same add-in error as well.

Hi @Navitrans_fvet & @MBClarke -

There is an update on the article from a reader "Joel Machado". The Comment is written below.
    let me know if it helps.

I have managed to create the login via Outlook into the webclient by changing the management port. However, I had to start Outlook as an administrator and Switch the Exchange Auth. Metadata Location in the NST of my company address. I can not insert the add-in. I get the error message:
    The manifest file is too large. It must be less than 32 KB
    Maybe it's the Exchange version. I will examine this.
    #update
    My understanding is that this issue related to maximum size of any manifest file should be fixed in Exchange Server build 15.00.1217, which should be in Exchange 2013 CU14. To resolve the issue, partner should upgrade to CU14 or the latest one.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

• haihai Member Posts: 1
    hi all,

I’d followed the steps in https://saurav-nav.blogspot.in/2016/12/microsoft-dynamics-nav-2017-how-do-i.html and successfully login to the new Instance with SSL enabled.
    But when I tried to run the Assisted Setup and input my E-mail account, NAV show the message:

—————————
    An Office 365 or Exchange mailbox could not be found for this account.
    —————————

Could you please share your idea about this?

Thanks and best regards,
  • moh_rizkimaulanamoh_rizkimaulana Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I've tried to setup following the steps in https://saurav-nav.blogspot.in/2016/12/microsoft-dynamics-nav-2017-how-do-i.html.

it's looks successfully setup, but when i am trying to test from outlook. there is a error coming.
    68zusq6rnvmu.png

is there anyone knows how to solve this issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Rizki
  • tonylessardtonylessard Member Posts: 1
    I realize this is an old thread but if anyone runs into the issue moh_rizkimaulana mentions, make sure that your SSL certificate is bound to your NAV Web Client site. In IIS Manager, right-click the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web Client site, select Edit Bindings. Edit your HTTPS binding and make sure there is an SSL certificate selected.
    831y4y8pej1n.png
  • ITWizardsITWizards Member Posts: 1
    Dear All, I trust you are doing well.

The Nav 2018 Outlook Contact Insights plugin is still not working as intended.
    Even though The Web Service are working fine both from Inside and Outside the organisation, their seems to be some authentication and/or communication issue from the Outlook Classic or Web Client to Nav Server communication.
    The Windows 2012R2 Server Operating System, .NET Framework, Nav 2018 have all been updated to the latest versions. Same goes for the Exchange Server 2013.
    We have tried all possible means of Service combinations to start the Services from “Network Service” to Domain Users and Domain Service Accounts. A specific Service Tier with “NavUserPassword” has been configured both as Main and then Secondary Service. Public Based Certificates have been installed and configured correctly with the Public Key accessible from the Services accounts used to Start Nav and SQL.
    Nav Service Tiers and copresponding IIS Web Services have been deleted and re-created several times with all possible combinations with the SAME results:

- IIS Web Services are working as expected
    - SOAP and OData are working as expected
    - The Nav 2018 is setting up the Outlook Web Extension in Exchange Server through PowerShell without issues
    - The Outlook Web Extension manifest are updated without issues.
    - The Outlook Extension shows up in Outlook without issues

But as soon as we launch the Outlook Insights from the Outlook toolbar or from the Web OWA,it just hangs at the Dynamics logo and 3 dots forever run across the top of the screen as per image below an eventually times-out:
    5drxnoizoz5i.jpg

Two Application event IDs no 0 and No 13 are then logged into the Nav Server:

Event ID No 0

Error accessing Website
    Raw Url:
    Url:
    Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavCancelCredentialPromptException
    Message: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavCancelCredentialPromptException' was thrown.
    StackTrace:
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionEstablisher.PromptForCredentials() in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.Client.ServiceConnection\ConnectionEstablisher.cs:line 1029
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionEstablisher.OpenConnection[TChannel](ConnectionRequest connectionRequest, ConnectionOptions connectionOptions, UserSettings& userSettings) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.Client.ServiceConnection\ConnectionEstablisher.cs:line 194
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.SimpleServerOperation.SimpleServerOperationConnectionEstablisher.OpenConnection[TChannel](ConnectionRequest connectionRequest, ConnectionOptions connectionOptions, UserSettings& userSettings) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Web\Prod.Client.WebCommon\Security\SimpleServerOperation.cs:line 151
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.SimpleServerOperation.ExecuteCore[TResult,TChannel](RequestContext requestContext, ConnectionOptions serverConnectionOptions, Func`2 operation, Func`3 operationWithContext, Func`2 localExceptionHandler) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Web\Prod.Client.WebCommon\Security\SimpleServerOperation.cs:line 270
    Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection

Event ID No 13

Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel
    Connection id "0HLPS1RB5VOU4": An unhandled exception was thrown by the application.

Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavCancelCredentialPromptException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavCancelCredentialPromptException' was thrown.
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionEstablisher.PromptForCredentials() in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.Client.ServiceConnection\ConnectionEstablisher.cs:line 1029
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionEstablisher.OpenConnection[TChannel](ConnectionRequest connectionRequest, ConnectionOptions connectionOptions, UserSettings& userSettings) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Shared\Prod.Client.ServiceConnection\ConnectionEstablisher.cs:line 194
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.SimpleServerOperation.SimpleServerOperationConnectionEstablisher.OpenConnection[TChannel](ConnectionRequest connectionRequest, ConnectionOptions connectionOptions, UserSettings& userSettings) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Web\Prod.Client.WebCommon\Security\SimpleServerOperation.cs:line 151
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.SimpleServerOperation.ExecuteCore[TResult,TChannel](RequestContext requestContext, ConnectionOptions serverConnectionOptions, Func`2 operation, Func`3 operationWithContext, Func`2 localExceptionHandler) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Web\Prod.Client.WebCommon\Security\SimpleServerOperation.cs:line 315
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.SimpleServerOperation.Execute[TResult,TChannel](RequestContext requestContext, ConnectionOptions serverConnectionOptions, Func`2 operation, Func`2 localExceptionHandler) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Web\Prod.Client.WebCommon\Security\SimpleServerOperation.cs:line 207
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.UserValidator.ValidateUser(RequestContext requestContext) in S:\Depot\NAV110\Platform\Client\Web\Prod.Client.WebCommon\Security\UserValidator.cs:line 60
    at Prod.Client.WebCoreApp.Authentication.TokenAuthenticationProvider.<Authenticate>d__2.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.WebClient.Controllers.AuthenticateServiceController.<AuthenticateToken>d__12.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionMethodAsync>d__27.MoveNext()

• mircenmircen Member Posts: 8
    edited 2020-05-12
    Hi,

please can you help ,me with this error
    User has Super permission
    cem8ee7o8hs7.jpg