How to reclass items which are trapped in "In Transit" location

Dear Mibuso Forum,

I have been facing for the items which are trapped in "In Transit" location.
We have got report from our client, that they found their Transfer Order Receipt was gone. After some checkings, we found that Transfer Order was deleted already, Transfer Shipment was posted first, it affected those items were parked in "In Transit" location, but never can be posted for the receipt because its Trasnfer Order was deleted.
my assumption is, it might because user canceled when the posting receipt was in process, and Nav failed to get the roll back, thus it ended up with "Transfer Order" was deleted, while "Transfer Receipt" was not created yet.

Kindly please, if you ever have the same case, or might share your idea, how to release out those items from "In Transit" location, as I have tried to do Item Reclass, but Nav could not process for item in "In Transit" location.

this case uses NAV 2013R2 version.

Thanks for y'all help.

Indriani

Best Answers

Answers

• indypuspitaindypuspita Member Posts: 6
    Hi Kishorm,

Many thanks for your solutions, but I got an issue, which is the "Use As In-Transit" could not be "Unthick" even in Cronus..
    Please help me on this.

0eel4fod3zod.jpg

Thanks,
    Indriani
  • indypuspitaindypuspita Member Posts: 6
    many thanks for your help and advice Kishorm, finally it is solved :)
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'Navision Financials' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• yinesilla1yinesilla1 Member Posts: 0
    Kishorm wrote: »
    To get the items out of the In-Transit location you could do the following (make sure others are not posting Transfer orders at the time though)...

1) Untick the "Use As In-Transit" field on the Location card for the In-Transit location

2) Create & Post a Reclass journal - make sure you apply to the correct Item Ledger Entries i.e. the ones for the deleted Transfer Order. If you don't do this then the system could apply against other Item Ledger Entries that may be sitting in the In-Transit location for other Transfer Orders - this would then cause a problem when trying to post the Transfer Shipment for those Transfer Orders.

3) Tick the "Use As In-Transit" field again on the Location card for the In-Transit location

• ssmukhissmukhi Member Posts: 10
    Kishorm wrote: »
    To get the items out of the In-Transit location you could do the following (make sure others are not posting Transfer orders at the time though)...

1) Untick the "Use As In-Transit" field on the Location card for the In-Transit location

2) Create & Post a Reclass journal - make sure you apply to the correct Item Ledger Entries i.e. the ones for the deleted Transfer Order. If you don't do this then the system could apply against other Item Ledger Entries that may be sitting in the In-Transit location for other Transfer Orders - this would then cause a problem when trying to post the Transfer Shipment for those Transfer Orders.

3) Tick the "Use As In-Transit" field again on the Location card for the In-Transit location

Though you posted this more than 5 years ago, it helped me even today. Many thanks!