IDYN – Document Creator (V 3.70)

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
edited 2020-06-20 in Download section
IDYN – Document Creator
NAV Reporting made easy again with Document Creator!

What if there is a new tool out there that can help you develop your Dynamics NAV reports in half the time? With Document Creator for Dynamics NAV, you can! The easiness of NAV Classic reports, with the possibilities of the latest and greatest report builders.

Document Creator is a fully functional .NET report designer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV, compatible with NAV2015 and up. It is rich in functionality, with more options than before, in the meanwhile easy to use, with fantastic reports as an outcome. Reporting made easy again.

With Document Creator building reports is fun again. Everyone can make changes, without in-depth knowledge. So not only developers and consultants have fun with it.

Document Creator designer does not depend on the development environment such as Visual Basic, hence no difficulties with rights and role structures in NAV.

Features & Benefits

• .NET
• The report designer does not depend on the development environment
• No difficult and time consuming installations
• Complete and intelligent, relational datasets with a clear deep layer structure
• Drag & Drop fields into the report
• Quick Report creation from scratch
• Intuitive report editor
• Choose your own code per report (VB.NET | C#)
• Even better than Classic reports, with more possibilities, no longer depended on RDLC
• Barcode usage, incl various QR codes

Contact us at sales@idyn.nl for any questions on the functionality and/or pricing

http://mibuso.com/downloads/idyn-document-creator

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    Interesting, any price info?
  • mknevelmknevel Member Posts: 11
    Just send an e-mail to sales@idyn.nl and we can show you the options. It's a bit depend on the organisation, but we try to keep it simple.
    Visit www.idyn.nl for more information and news about the Object Manager Advanced, ConnectIT, E-Invoice and our other great products.
    • Even better than Classic reports, with more possibilities, no longer depended on RDLC

So when you click the print button in NAV, the RDLC is not used? Could you explain this a bit more?
  • sgeorgievsgeorgiev Member Posts: 2
    Hey,

i just downloaded the Document Creator to start with testing.

After i imported all .fob and compilied the Objects i got the following Error:
    (see Screenshot).

The second error:
    Even i close my RTC after the first run i can not open the RTC again with following Error message:
    (see screenshot)

I'm using Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 CU 9
    Demo Database 8-0 de-DE

I added the Assemblies correctly to the install path of the Development Enviroment and RTC. ](*,)
    Hi sgeorgiev,

Looks like a step from the installationmanual has been skipped. But, we can fix that:

- Close RTC client and development client
    - First we will clean the RTC client Add-In DLL cache:
    - Go to Windows|Run (Windows Key + R) and type %temp% followed by Enter
    - Windows Explorer opens in users temp folder, navigate to subfolder “Microsoft Dynamics NAV” and from here find the Add-Ins subfolder
    - Remove the Add-Ins subfolder (this actually clears the RTC client Add-In DLL cache)
    - On the NST server remove the DocumentCreator folder and DocumentCreator DLL’s from the NST Add-ins folder (typically remove folder “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\Service\Add-ins\DocumentCreator”)
    - On the Client computer remove the DocumentCreator folder and DocumentCreator DLL’s from the RTC Add-ins folder (typically remove folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\RoleTailored Client\Add-ins\DocumentCreator”)
    - From the Document Creator install/download folder copy the complete “NST\ADD-INS\DocumentCreator” folder to your desktop and from here to the NST Add-ins folder (typically to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\Service\Add-ins” so folder “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\Service\Add-ins\DocumentCreator” will arise)
    - Restart the NST
    - Start the RTC client and Document Creator should work fine now
    Visit www.idyn.nl for more information and news about the Object Manager Advanced, ConnectIT, E-Invoice and our other great products.
  • sgeorgievsgeorgiev Member Posts: 2
    Hi sgeorgiev,

Looks like a step from the installationmanual has been skipped. But, we can fix that:

- Close RTC client and development client
    - First we will clean the RTC client Add-In DLL cache:
    - Go to Windows|Run (Windows Key + R) and type %temp% followed by Enter
    - Windows Explorer opens in users temp folder, navigate to subfolder “Microsoft Dynamics NAV” and from here find the Add-Ins subfolder
    - Remove the Add-Ins subfolder (this actually clears the RTC client Add-In DLL cache)
    - On the NST server remove the DocumentCreator folder and DocumentCreator DLL’s from the NST Add-ins folder (typically remove folder “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\Service\Add-ins\DocumentCreator”)
    - On the Client computer remove the DocumentCreator folder and DocumentCreator DLL’s from the RTC Add-ins folder (typically remove folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\RoleTailored Client\Add-ins\DocumentCreator”)
    - From the Document Creator install/download folder copy the complete “NST\ADD-INS\DocumentCreator” folder to your desktop and from here to the NST Add-ins folder (typically to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\Service\Add-ins” so folder “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\Service\Add-ins\DocumentCreator” will arise)
    - Restart the NST
    - Start the RTC client and Document Creator should work fine now

Hey Mknevel,

i did all the Step's and the Client is working now again :D

I need a Solution for the Missing Assembly "Document Creator" without it I can't check the Product-Key or Compile the 72000 Codeunit. Like I said before, i copied the assemblies to the folders, like you told me.
    I get following Error Message. Can you check this Problem. I also added the assembly to Table: 2000000069 Client Add-in.

Thank you!

King regard
    sgeorgiev

So when you click the print button in NAV, the RDLC is not used? Could you explain this a bit more?

*** Bump ***

*** Bump ***
    Sorry, missed that one.

Indeed, no RDLC is used anymore. Instead a Document Creator report opens up, which is totally RDLC independent.

Now, the important part:

- The user will not spot a difference, he just uses the same print button, with the same experience
    - You can use new Document Creator reports and "old" RDLC reports side by side, you won't have to change everything
    sgeorgiev wrote:
    Hi sgeorgiev,
    Hey Mknevel,

i did all the Step's and the Client is working now again :D

I need a Solution for the Missing Assembly "Document Creator" without it I can't check the Product-Key or Compile the 72000 Codeunit. Like I said before, i copied the assemblies to the folders, like you told me.
    I get following Error Message. Can you check this Problem. I also added the assembly to Table: 2000000069 Client Add-in.

Thank you!

King regard
    sgeorgiev

Can you send me your e-mail address? Send it to mknevel@idyn.nl and I will ask a developer to take a look with you.
    The problem of sgeorgiev was solved. For anyone experiencing the same issue:

Install Document Creator according to the installation manual. When you are at Step 6 Compile all objects, the following error might occur:
    Could not load type 'DocumentCreator.PrintReport.'DocumentCreator, Version=1.0.0.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4a8e6aea0b18fc34''.

Codeunit wDocumentCreatorMgt refers to the dll. In some cases the dll’s in the add-in directory are blocked by Windows security.
    You can unblock these files by:
    - Browsing to the NST addin folder\DocumentCreator
    - Right click the dll, choose Properties and click “Unblock”
    - Repeat these steps for every file in the directory

After unblocking all the files, codeunit wDocumentCreatorMgt should compile without errors.
    The problem of sgeorgiev was solved. For anyone experiencing the same issue:

Install Document Creator according to the installation manual. When you are at Step 6 Compile all objects, the following error might occur:
    Could not load type 'DocumentCreator.PrintReport.'DocumentCreator, Version=1.0.0.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4a8e6aea0b18fc34''.

Codeunit wDocumentCreatorMgt refers to the dll. In some cases the dll’s in the add-in directory are blocked by Windows security.
    You can unblock these files by:
    - Browsing to the NST addin folder\DocumentCreator
    - Right click the dll, choose Properties and click “Unblock”
    - Repeat these steps for every file in the directory

After unblocking all the files, codeunit wDocumentCreatorMgt should compile without errors.
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    edited 2015-11-22
    IDYN – Document Creator

What if there is a new tool out there that can help you develop your Dynamics NAV reports in half the time? With Document Creator for Dynamics NAV, you can! The easiness of NAV Classic reports, with the possibilities of the latest and greatest report builders.

Document Creator can convert your classic reports to NAV 2015/2016 in just minutes. The result? Reports that are blazingly fast. Much and much faster than RDLC! And not only that, you can start altering and designing your reports immediately, directly from the comfort of your NAV 2015/2016 environment.

Document Creator is a fully functional .NET report designer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV, compatible with NAV2015 and up. It is rich in functionality, with more options than before, in the meanwhile easy to use, with fantastic reports as an outcome. Reporting made easy again.

With Document Creator building reports is fun again. Everyone can make changes, without in-depth knowledge. So not only developers and consultants have fun with it.

Document Creator designer does not depend on the development environment such as Visual Basic, hence no difficulties with rights and role structures in NAV.

Features & Benefits

• .NET
    • Complete and intelligent, relational datasets with a clear deep layer structure
    • Multi-language reports

Contact us at sales@idyn.nl for any questions on the functionality and/or pricing

• c.bakkerc.bakker Member Posts: 13
    Really nice tool with a great time saving report designer!

IDYN told me that a report conversion tool to convert reports from Nav2009 will be available in December 2015. Can't wait to automatically convert customers Nav2009 reports to fully editable Nav 2015/2016 reports.

This money saver will propably convince our customers to upgrade to the latest Dynamics Nav Version!
    Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
    Confucius 500 BC
  • HatchetHarryHatchetHarry Member Posts: 24
    Nice... Works a lot better than RDLC. Is it possible to add NLD captions to objects?
    IDYN – Document Creator

Document Creator can convert your classic reports to NAV 2015/2016 in just minutes. The result?
    Reports that are blazingly fast. Much and much faster than RDLC! And not only that, you can start altering
    and designing your reports immediately, directly from the comfort of your NAV 2015/2016 environment.

The converter

The converter module is not enabled in this installer. Please contact sales@idyn.nl for a short demonstration and access to the converter trial software.

Features & Benefits

• .NET
    • Webclient & Tabletclient support
    • Background & NAS support
    • Multilingual reports without coding
    • Multi-language reports

IDYN – Document Creator (with SP2)

Document Creator can convert your classic reports to NAV 2015/2016 in just minutes. The result?
    Reports that are blazingly fast. Much and much faster than RDLC! And not only that, you can start altering
    and designing your reports immediately, directly from the comfort of your NAV 2015/2016 environment.

The converter

The converter module is not enabled in this installer. Please contact sales@idyn.nl for a short demonstration and access to the converter trial software.

Features & Benefits

.NET
    The report designer does not depend on the development environment
    No difficult and time consuming installations
    Complete and intelligent, relational datasets with a clear deep layer structure
    Drag & Drop fields into the report
    Quick Report creation from scratch
    Intuitive report editor
    Choose your own code per report (VB.NET | C#)
    Even better than Classic reports, with more possibilities, no longer depended on RDLC
    Webclient & Tabletclient support
    Background & NAS support
    Multilingual reports without coding
    Barcode usage, incl various QR codes
    Multi-language reports

edited 2016-03-17
    IDYN – Document Creator (V 2.10)

Features & Benefits

.NET
    The report designer does not depend on the development environment
    No difficult and time consuming installations
    Complete and intelligent, relational datasets with a clear deep layer structure
    Drag & Drop fields into the report
    Quick Report creation from scratch
    Intuitive report editor
    Choose your own code per report (VB.NET | C#)
    Even better than Classic reports, with more possibilities, no longer depended on RDLC
    Webclient & Tabletclient support
    Background & NAS support
    Multilingual reports without coding
    Barcode usage, incl various QR codes
    Multi-language reports

IDYN – Document Creator (V 2.10 - SP1)

• VamshiVamshi Member Posts: 1
    edited 2016-06-04
    Hello,

Please forward me the trail Product key .....like to check the Process.
    IDYN – Document Creator (V 2.20)

IDYN – Document Creator (V 3.0)

• hey,

is this tool can leverage autogrow feature like in rdlc?
  • c.bakkerc.bakker Member Posts: 13
    edited 2016-10-08
    For sure! With Document Creator you can do the same as with RDLC, and many more, in much less time.
    In Document Creator an extended version of the FastReports report designer and engine is encapsulated.
    FastReports is a state of the art reporting product, represented in 50+ countries, used by 20K+ users, with 15+ years reporting experience in it.
    Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
    Confucius 500 BC
  • july4474july4474 Member Posts: 1
    If I've this version on my side and i'm created with this tools some report for a Client end user. Should also the Client install and buy this tools?
    july4474 wrote: »
    If I've this version on my side and i'm created with this tools some report for a Client end user. Should also the Client install and buy this tools?

Hi July4474,

We have a license for customers called the "viewer license". With this license, a customer can view all the reports you've created or converted for them. Only 1 license is needed for all users combined and the cost is just €595,-.

There is no client installation. The files reside on the service tier. Every client accessing NAV can automatically run all reports.

If you have any further questions, you can also send them to sales@idyn.nl

• sylvainroysylvainroy Member Posts: 12
    I guess I downloaded the demo too late :) It expired on October 31st... Is there any possibility to get a demo license beyond that date?

Thanks.
    IDYN – Document Creator (V 3.2)

IDYN – Document Creator (V 3.25)

• jensthomsenjensthomsen Member Posts: 173
    Are the reports created by Idyn Document Creator saved in RDLC-format?
    IDYN – Document Creator (V 3.30)

https://mibuso.com/downloads/idyn-document-creator