Options

Export to excel button - similar to the Chart of Accounts

SABELASABELA Member Posts: 26
Hi,

I have created a new page, which is exporting perfectly to Excel. However I would like to add the Export to Excel button, similar to the default one existant in the Chart of accounts. Is it possible?

Regards,

Steve

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    if you would like to have new actions except standard ones then you need to customize the page.
  • Options
    SABELASABELA Member Posts: 26
    Actually I need to use the standard Export to excel buttn
  • Options
    rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    Can you tell us which version of NAV you are running, and if 2009, are you in the Classic Client or Role Tailored Client? You said that your page is "Exporting perfectly to Excel" but you want to "Add the Export To Excel function" - this isn't entirely clear - if your page is already exporting perfectly, then what functionality are you trying to add?

Ron
    Ron
  • Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    1) Click on the small drop down menu to the left of the "home" ribbon tab and select "Customize" then "Customize Ribbon"
    2) on the left hand side, expand the "Print Send" item and select "Microsoft Excel"
    3) On the right hand side click whichever group you want the new action added in
    4) Click on the "Add >>" button in the middle of the screen
    5) Click on the OK button

You should now have. "Microsoft Excel" action on your ribbon which works the same as the one on the Chart of Accounts