While Posting Purchase Invoice error showing Item ledge entry does not Exist, fields and values 0

While Posting Purchase Invoice error showing Item ledge entry does not Exist, fields and values 0 ..

whats the reason? pls provide solution

Answers

• KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    This is probably due to some bespoke code which has a bug. From the limited information you have supplied you're unlikely to get a solution from anyone, you really need to debug the code to see where this error is occurring.
  • amitkadam8amitkadam8 Member Posts: 50
    thanks sir..
    at the time of partial Invoice posting all qty showing in Qty invoiced and all table hit and while making remaining qty invoice posting that time error showing..
    edited 2016-09-24
    You can't partially post an invoice - you can partially post an order so I guess this is what you mean? If so can you explain in detail exactly how it's being posted in terms of when / how much you are receipting, when / how much you are invoicing etc...

Also, can you include a screenshot of where it is stopping in the debugger - I suspect the error maybe occurring when trying to set invoiced qty on item ledger entry relating to a previously posted receipt but it's a bit of guesswork at this stage.

Remember the more detailed information you provide, the quicker and more likely you are going to get a solution. There are plenty of people willing to help on this forum, but you do need to post more than a one sentence question.
    sir,

when am partially posting Invoice that time error occuring.

Debugger stop

NOT Adjustment
    THEN
    ItemQtyPosting
    ELSE BEGIN
    IF ("Invoiced Quantity" <> 0) OR Adjustment OR
    IsInterimRevaluation
    THEN BEGIN
    error shoeing for this line - IF "Value Entry Type" = "Value Entry Type"::"Direct Cost" THEN
    GlobalItemLedgEntry.GET("Item Shpt. Entry No.")
    ELSE
    GlobalItemLedgEntry.GET("Applies-to Entry");
    CorrectOutputValuationDate(GlobalItemLedgEntry);
    InitValueEntry(GlobalValueEntry,GlobalItemLedgEntry);
    END;
    END;
    IF (Quantity <> 0) OR ("Invoiced Quantity" <> 0) THEN
    ItemValuePosting;

edited 2016-09-29
    It does look like the error is occurring when trying to set invoiced qty on item ledger entry relating to a previously posted receipt as suspected - now the question is why?

Have you/anyone by any chance been messing around with Item Tracking, e.g. switched off item tracking for an item? I know you can't do this normally but I've come across people doing all sorts of things (via code/codeunit for example) not fully understanding all the consequences.
    thanks sir
    when i am doing invoice (partially) that time in item tracking lines page qty is 0.

due to this error showing??
    1) Is this currently an item tracked item?
    2) Has it ever been changed (e.g. turned on or off) for this item?