Options

Data Exch. Framework: how to use intermediate table?

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
I am currently working on a data import, and I was wondering why should I use the intermediate table flag in the field mapping. Its functionality is not really clear to me and the documentation about it is really poor imho.
I mean, there’s already an intermediate table where the data is stored (data exch field mapping) and i can’t get why should we use another intermediate table.
In my import I have to do a classical fixed file>”intermediate table”>NAV table(s). I was wondering why and how could I use the intermediate table flag to do the import in the file into my intermediate table, but then I realized that it’s easier for me to set MY intermediate table as the final table, and then work on MY intermediate table during the post-mapping codeunit in order to fetch nav table(s).
Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance for your time
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    I'm trying to bump this once, even if i don't think anybody knows this topic really well :)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    I don't think you're missing anything, your suggested method seems fine and is exactly what I have done previously.
  • Options
    So, basically that "use as intermediate table" in the the field mapping header has no use? :/
    -Mirko-
    My Blog