Options

Print sales comments on one line

poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
Hi everyone,

I have several Sales comments to print ion a report.
The customer doesn't want each comment on a separate line but to combine lines whenever it is possible to use the whole space.
Any idea on how to do that?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Answers

• Options
    kaspermoerchkaspermoerch Member Posts: 43
    Loop through all comments for each Sales Line and concatenate them into the same Text variable.
    Add your Text variable as a field of the Sales Line DataItem.
    Make sure that the cell you put the value of your Text variable into on the RDLC layout has CanGrow=True.
  • Options
    poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
    Loop through all comments for each Sales Line and concatenate them into the same Text variable.
    Make sure that the cell you put the value of your Text variable into on the RDLC layout has CanGrow=True.

OK, but the text variable has a limited lenght (1024 I think).What if the concatenated text length is more than that?
  • Options
    kaspermoerchkaspermoerch Member Posts: 43
    poppins wrote: »

OK, but the text variable has a limited lenght (1024 I think).What if the concatenated text length is more than that?

Limited Length has been removed from NAV2013 and up. Just declare your variable and leave the Length property blank.
  • Options
    Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    poppins wrote: »

Limited Length has been removed from NAV2013 and up. Just declare your variable and leave the Length property blank.

If you're still bound to use 1024 text variables try to use populate a array of texts and concatenate them in your report.
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev
  • Options
    saravanans87saravanans87 Member Posts: 36
    Adding a Text variable of Array and make it concatenate is an option, as i have tested and works fine!!! :)
    Software Developer,
    Archerpoint India Pvt. Ltd,Chennai.