Options

Extra service running on development license, license error

alvi99alvi99 Member Posts: 71
If I create a second service for a production database, and transfer my dev license to the server, restarts the new service and access rtc on the new service i get the error:
"Your program license does not permit more users to work simultaneously. Wait until another user has stopped using the program. Contact your system administrator if you want to allow more simultaneous users on your system."
I should be the only user on that service and have 20 simultaneous users in the developer license. Did anyone else experience this error? Maybe it is a bug if. it e.g counts the simultaneous users on the service running the customer license and uses this number against the dev license?

Answers

• Options
    kaspermoerchkaspermoerch Member Posts: 43
    Doing as described will change the license for the original production Service Tier as well.

License is per database unless you run a multi tenant environment, then you're able to have different license per tenant.
  • Options
    Hi kasper, no as long as you do not restart the production service it will still run on the customer license. But I found a workaround: If you upload the customer license again, the server will count simultaneous users on the customer license, but the development service is still running on the developer license, and in this way I got access running on the dev license :-)
  • Options
    kaspermoerchkaspermoerch Member Posts: 43
    alvi99 wrote: »
    Hi kasper, no as long as you do not restart the production service it will still run on the customer license. But I found a workaround: If you upload the customer license again, the server will count simultaneous users on the customer license, but the development service is still running on the developer license, and in this way I got access running on the dev license :-)

Glad you found a workaround.

I would still advise you to be cautious with uploading your developer license to a production database. You can't be 100% certain that no one else comes around and restarts the production Service Tier and then you have the customer running on your developer license without your knowledge.
  • Options
    I hear what you say but sometimes it is necessary if you e.g. needs to delete some data that requires a developer license. And with this workaround a productions service restart would not cause any problems because the customer license was uploaded again...
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    What would you need to delete from a production database that would require a developer license? (Really a partner license). Any tables I can think of sort of raise the question: Why?

Alternate solution: Build a process that has the permissions and can run with the client's license.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.