multiple debugging session in a physical VM

cwhmycwhmy Member Posts: 24
Hi Expert,

Well, we're having a few users accessing a Windows Azure VM with their own session respectively, the problem is only one debugging session is allowed per anytime.

Closest topic discussed being found online is: install server in each physical machine, and point to a same database. The environment of this is actually each user is running their own separated physical machine.

What I'm facing is: a single physical machine running by multiple users, each user has their own account/session. I've tried having multiple instances, it doesn't help any.

Any suggestion to my problem are welcomed. TQ

Answers

• cwhmycwhmy Member Posts: 24
    Any ideas? TQ
    Any suggestion? TQ
  • Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    AFAIK you can only debug 1 session at a time per Instance. IMO that's not good, but we got to live with it.
    Why do you need multiple debug sessions at a time anyway ?
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev
    Thx Wisa123.
    Need that when more than one developer do debugging at the same time.
    In fact, it is not only that, when any one person is running debugger, it stops any other person from running RTC.
    Need that when more than one developer do debugging at the same time.
    Then you need another Service Instance.

In fact, it is not only that, when any one person is running debugger, it stops any other person from running RTC.
    I never heard of this problem, what's the error you receive? Any chance you have the cronus license uploaded on the DB?

Austrian NAV/BC Dev
    Thx Wisa123.

Sorry, instead of stopping from running RTC, it is stopping from execute RTC page from Developer Environment -> click "Run". Error as follow:
    73avy3t9ujx5.jpg

Then you need another Service Instance.
    This doesn't work out I wrote it in original post.
    What I'm facing is: a single physical machine running by multiple users, each user has their own account/session. I've tried having multiple instances, it doesn't help any.
    Which CU are you on?
    Does debugging work when you start the object from RTC.

The multiple instances thing is hurting my brain. Any chance you have The FullSQLTracing enabled ?
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev
    Any Object, yes, debugging does start for a single user at a time.

The multiple instances thingy, we reproduced the same in another environment. You've to try it first then you see it.