Options

Does Anyone know where is the default FORMAT COME FROM ?

makaramakara Member Posts: 25
A customer would like to use the default date format in NAV (18/04/2016) based on The Windows Regional format setting.
The Windows Regional setting for English(Australia) is d/MM/yyyy (18/04/2016). So I changed the regional setting to 'dd-MMM-yyyy' (18-Apr-2016) and expected NAV to pick it up but it does not.

Current Regional Setting Windows Server 2012 R2:
English(Australia)
Short Date "dd-MMM-yyyy" (Windows displays it correct as 18-Apr-2016)

NAV 2013
On Page display: 18-04-2016
On Report Display: 18/04/2016 (no format function used)

But when I changed to English(United States), Report Date Format changed.
Then I go to change Format (Short Date "dd-MMM-yyyy"), it doesn't work .. it only follow previous FORMAT

Does Anyone know where is the FORMAT COME FROM ?

Answers

• Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    I believe reports have their date's formatted to string on the server side, client side date's (on pages) are ruled by the clients (pc) regional settings.
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.
  • Options
    makaramakara Member Posts: 25
    You are right Peter+is1, but you see ? I changes to Short Date "dd-MMM-yyyy", but date format in navision doesn't follow current format.
  • Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi,

Please take look this link. https://navandme.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/rdlc-date-format-setting/

Not sure will it help to your problem.

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    This is a well known issue in ReportViewer. You can find more explanation and a workaround here: Windows Regional Settings and Number Formatting in RDLC Reports.

In short: ReportViewer follows the default regional settings, ignoring any customizations made. But you are free to create your own default if necessary without changing any report. This applies to any formats including decimal and date formats.

To change formatting depending on the document language, follow the steps after the "BANG" B)
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    makara wrote: »
    You are right Peter+is1, but you see ? I changes to Short Date "dd-MMM-yyyy", but date format in navision doesn't follow current format.

Ah, I see now the MMM part is the most important bit for you.. Sorry no help there, that simply wil not work, I guess the datefields in the NAV pages are not able to handle MMM.

:/
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.