Importing DateTime from Access to Navision 3.60

leugimleugim Member Posts: 93
edited 2008-06-04 in Navision Attain
Hi all, I'm looking for some help.

I'm developing a process which reads some data from an access database. This database has some information about employee's entrance and exit, to calculate how many hours they work a day, extra time, pluses and many other things... The date and time is kept in a DataTime field.

I have to import this data to Navision and I can read all fields correctly except the DateTime column. When importing to Navision my process only read date part from the DateTime field, so I'm loosing very important information. I use ADO to enter Access database and it works fine except in the way I told you before.

Does any of you know how to import a entire DateTime field into Navision correctly?

Many regards

Answers

• leugimleugim Member Posts: 93
    Hi there, I have found a way...

When opening the recordset to read a table, I have a SELECT sentece. I use CStr to convert Access DateTime field into a string, then I import this field in a Navision text global variable and once in Navision I can do whatever I want (... almost :lol: )

Thank you all.
    Many regards
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• rsfairbanksrsfairbanks Member Posts: 107
    Hi Leugium,

Have you an example of this please?
    I am getting tired and need to go home!

But likewise solved with help from Rasmus Torpe
    DTVar = datatype variant
    record.date := variant2date(DTvar);
    record.time := variant2time(DTvar);
  • massimopasqualimassimopasquali Member Posts: 82
    Hi Leugim,

I must import supplis's data from database access and import them in a supplies's page.

Can you explaining like to thi?