Options

Upgrading (deleting) objects from addon when going from NAV2009 to NAV2016

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi all,

I've posted a couple of other questions on the topic of moving from NAV2009 to NAV2016. As many of you know, one of the steps in moving from 2009 to any other version includes deleting all the non-table objects from the database after "Step 1" in the data upgrade process is run.

Our in-house development license includes a third-party addon. However, the license file does not allow us to DELETE many of the addon's forms, pages and XMLPorts.

My personal developers' license does not allow me permissions to this addon, either.

We are doing this upgrade in-house, but I did place a call to our partner, in hopes that their partner license will at least let them delete the addon objects.

So, I am trying take another tack at "how do I delete the old addon objects"? I have played around a little bit with the "Object" table and the "Object Metadata" table in past years. So I'm wondering if I just delete the records from these the Object table where Type > 1 (In the Object table, Type 0 = Tabledata and Type 1 = Table, so everything > 1 = form/report/dataport/xmlport/menusuite/page) and corrspondingly where "Object Type" > 1 in the Object Metadata table.

Has anyone tried this approach to removing objects?

Thanks

Ron
Ron

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    you can leave them and continue the upgrade..
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi Ron,

I used such a script for all non-table objects for the upgrade. Works, apparently.
    begin transaction cleanup
    delete from [dbo].[Object] 
    where Type > 1;
    delete from [dbo].[Object Metadata]
    where [Object Type] > 1;
    delete from [dbo].[Object Tracking]
    where [Object Type] > 1;
    delete from [dbo].[Object Translation]
    where [Object Type] > 1;
    commit transaction cleanup

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    Jens/Carsten:

Thanks for the suggestions. I did in fact delete the records from the Object and Object Metadata tables. But I will add the Object Translation and Object Tracking tables to my script.

I am also familiar with using 0-byte FOB-objects for removing objects. I just assumed that I could not create the correct object ID, but I will also try that.

Ron
    Ron