Options

Export Navision Table Data PRO

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
edited 2014-10-09 in Download section
Quickly export desired Navision data from any table to TXT file.

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=350

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    ChristophChristoph Member Posts: 9
    Thank's for publish this tool - made my live easyer..

but it contains an bug:

if the suggested name contains a '/' (like table 15) it reports an error..
    it's easy to fix, but may nice to know..

and an other info: it does not works with NAV3.00 - an problem with the CONVERTSTR.

Christoph
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    I have been notified about the bug and has been fixed, but not released yet. For new version I'm also preparing:
    - import of data
    - save configurations in zup file (without using additional table object)
    - load saved configuration from zup file
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    memulamemula Member Posts: 30
    export is ok , but how about import ? :D
  • Options
    WarrenLiuWarrenLiu Member Posts: 14
    RobertMo wrote:
    I have been notified about the bug and has been fixed, but not released yet. For new version I'm also preparing:
    - import of data
    - save configurations in zup file (without using additional table object)
    - load saved configuration from zup file

Hi Robert

I'm new to the C/AL programming, could you please guide me to fix the bug when the suggested name contains a '/' (like table 15) it reports an error.. .

Thank you for this great tool
    Warren
  • Options
    FInd the line:
    ltTable := STRSUBSTNO('%1 (%2)', lrrRecRef.NAME, liTableID);

and after this line add:
    ltTable := DELCHR(ltTable,'=','/\:*?"<>|');

®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    BTW, Greetings from Singapore (at the time of writing).
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    WarrenLiuWarrenLiu Member Posts: 14
    RobertMo wrote:
    BTW, Greetings from Singapore (at the time of writing).

Thank you very much. Have a nice stay in the Far East.
    Warren
  • Options
    Well I'm now home for almost a month and it was very nice trip. Singapore is for sure nicer than Shangahi... And as Arnold S. says: I'll be bak!
    (next week for even longer tour)
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    LippkeLippke Member Posts: 1
    Hi out there..
    What about using keys in this tool??
    I wan't to export general ledger records only for a special period and therefor I am using some filters. Exporting the data now runs for a very long time becaus I have more than 40.000.000 records in the table.
    If I could select a key it would be perfect.....

By the way, thanx for this tool, makes my life easier.

Best wishes from Germany..
    tso-data GmbH
    Michael Lippke
    Germany
  • Options
    SPIDEY_MXSPIDEY_MX Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I can Export the information of teh table now How ca I import the information?!!!!
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    If this is about the migration of a customer to ver 5 and you don't know how to import a txt file #-o - I suggest you get a senior NAV pro in your organization to help you.
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=127100

Seriously, if you ever want that customer to do business with you again I would not start guessing on what needs to be done IMHO.

**You can create a dataport to import text files. [-o<

I bet there is a data import program in the download section to accompany this export program
  • Options
    manocmanoc Member Posts: 2
    Quickly export desired Navision data from any table to TXT file.

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=350

Discuss this download here.

Hi..
    I'm new with Navision.
    This is my first time to import from mibuso BBS.
    Where is the tool (Export Navision Table Data Pro)?
    I can find it.
    Would you tell me? :shock:
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    1. Visit the download page: http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=350
    2. On that page, click on the download title "Export Navision Table Data PRO" (or the download icon) to download the zip-file
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    bednarbbednarb Member Posts: 8
    edited 2014-05-02
    OK, I didn't want to re-invent the wheel here...and I think I have a basic understanding of the Export Pro "forms" could do...if I had a NAV server.
    Here's my goal: I have been handed a large ".fdb" file that I know is a classic NAV database (not MS SQL...and not a Firebird database as was my first thought)
    I want to export TABLE data. I don't wants forms, I don't want system stuff, or indexes, I just want table rows. I am perfectly comfortable with binary editors and data type conversions for floating point, integer, packed decimal, internal dates, fixed length and variable length fields in records contained within blocks and b-trees and all manner of binary crud. I do not expect the data in some sort of "pretty" delimited format.

Somewhere in this file must be a table of tables...telling me what the table names are and perhaps what fields they contain and their data type.

Can I rip table data out of this file forcibly? I'm sure it would be "easier" if I had a NAV Server running. I really know very little about NAV and don't have much interest in trying to install, set-up, configure, create a user?, and link the server to this "database" file somehow so I can run an ODBC client or other Server export operation.

Maybe there are "tools" for this? What if the database file is corrupted? Is a backup the only recourse...or are there programs that can operate on the raw database file?

Assume I have JUST THE FILE. That's it. Nothing else. Can anyone comment...perhaps point me in the direction of white papers on internal structure? The NAV database is "proprietary" and this file has data locked away in a proprietary format that Microsoft doesn't even market the C/SIDE database anymore. Everything has gone MS SQL.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Do you know the version of the FDB?
    Do you have a username & password that works with that file?

You could install just the client and from the client open the database file.
    File->Database->Open
    Select :Client
    Database Name: C:\temp\database.fdb //your FDB location

Once that's setup - goto
    File->Company->Open & login

You can create dataports or xml ports to extract data.
    or copy & past into excel if the table is not too large.

if you want to use n/odbc you'll have to setup a server.
  • Options
    Ok..an update. I have an MSDN developers subscription....so I just downloaded NAV 2009 and installed it. NAV 2009 comes with the classic client so I should be able to go into "single user mode" and export table data easily. I noted I can open, view and work with the sample table that comes with the install. It should be a simple matter to "open" the database I want. So I tried....it complains that my license doesn't permit me to open databases that large....and that I should consult my system administrator to increase the size of the database (that I can open?). Ummmm. I am the administrator...and chief cook and bottle washer. Hopefully....I can figure out how to ...increase my granules or something like that. Never quite so easy is it.

On the plus side... I may be able to use the sample database to help determine internal structure. Given that the Navision database has been around a good long while with no significant internal design changes... one wouldn't expect it to be extremely complicated.I don't suppose anyone can explain to me how to grant myself permissions to open a large database?
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    Do you know the version of the FDB?
    Do you have a username & password that works with that file?

You could install just the client and from the client open the database file.
    File->Database->Open
    Select :Client
    Database Name: C:\temp\database.fdb //your FDB location

Once that's setup - goto
    File->Company->Open & login

You can create dataports or xml ports to extract data.
    or copy & past into excel if the table is not too large.

if you want to use n/odbc you'll have to setup a server.

How would I determine the version of the fdb? Username and password....I may be able to location that info...then again...maybe not.
    Is a username and password required for access to the file (one I grant myself permissions to open a "larger" file....will my next roadblock be username and password? Is there a reasonable way around that. (E.G> on MS SQL Server a user/name password is required for access...but if you "backup" the database...it can be restored by "anyone" to their own server...and they can access it on their own server just fine). I noted in a binary editor that some data is perfectly visible like some customer names and addresses -- and even some "program comments" -- thus it doesn't seem like the database is encrypted so that login credentials would be required. Some enterprising person wrote a couple of "forms" that display a list of tables...and will quickly export data for any particular table (into friendly delimited files) I have no clue how to "load" those forms into a database though. I'm not doing too bad so far. It's my 2cd day of looking at MS Dynamics NAV and I have a functional install and much more knowledge than I had when I started. Thanks for the post back Any guidance is appreciated.
  • Options
    Since it seemed helpful to other people on here , I downloaded "Export Table Data Pro" to see what if anything I could do with it. The zip file contains an ".fob" (form object?) and a Text file code in C/AL or something?
    So I'm looking to see if and how I can bolt this into my demo install of Navision 2009 Server with the demo database.
    Looking for any way to import the object. So far...I'm not seeing it.
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Please read some documentation first to familiarize yourself with Dynamics NAV and the development environment. The msdn site is a good starting point: How to: Import Objects.

And as this has nothing to do anymore with this topic, you should start a new one.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Please read some documentation first to familiarize yourself with Dynamics NAV and the development environment. The msdn site is a good starting point: How to: Import Objects.

And as this has nothing to do anymore with this topic, you should start a new one.

Yes, I will start a new thread as I have questions which are somewhat outside this topic. They all deal with the export of table data, but I have more specific questions. I am getting up to speed on NAV thanks. Admittedly, I have no real desire to become an expert as I don't expect I'll be doing much work with the Microsoft Dynamics in the future. Indeed I am trying to get data OUT (permanently) of Microsoft Dynamics.
  • Options
    OK...this thread is to discuss "Export Table Data Pro" -- seems like the thread had been dead for a while...but just in case someone with experience in this tool still monitors it... I have had varying degrees of success with this tool. So far I've been able to get what I want...though I've had a ton of trouble with "large" tables. Not sure what really constituters large in everyones mind... but I'm talking about 2 million rows with say...40 fields. I really want the entire table exported...but the app seems to bomb after churning a good while. Seems like it's building the file...but when it finally bombs out...the file is "dropped" and I get no result at all. To combat....I'm trying to use the filter to select subsets of the file. It's less than ideal...but I think I'm getting everything eventually. Since it should be streaming the result to Disk (and I have plenty of free disk) I'm curious why it would bomb. I haven't noticed the file approaching a "magic number" like 2GB or anything when it bombs. Has anyone else had this issue...is there something I can do to increase the capacity?
  • Options
    vytjakvytjak Member Posts: 36
    Hey Robert,
    You wouldn't happen to have a version of this for RTC, would you?
    Vytenis Jakas
    B3 Technologies - Making Technology Serve the People
  • Options
    BrianMRoberts5BrianMRoberts5 Member Posts: 1
    Would anyone be able to provide more insight onto this error? Some tables export cleanly, however some give me this error and going through the debugger (Not too familar with NAV 4, only BC) I can't seem to locate the issue or what might be causing this. Any insight is appreciated! k7v775x4lch2.png

If image does not load, the error is: Error when exporting a table from Nav 4: Field Counts does not match: Recordref.fieldcount: 345 rfield.count: 347