Options

NAV2016 web client

BarryWBarryW Member Posts: 5
First, let me say that this is my first time to install NAV in a three tier environment. So far so good until I got to the web client. I can run the web client from a browser on the webserver. But, when I attempt to connect using IE from another computer, I receive in event viewer on webserver basically stating "unhandled error occurred on a browser or device client". I've been following the guidelines on msdn...and I THINK I have spns setup properly...could this be the problem?

Another potential issue: when setting up delegation in AD for the NAVserver, I can select the HOST service type (have tried with and without Kerberos)...but the DynamicsNAV90 services does not even appear in the available services list for selection....so I could not assign delegation for DynamicsNAV90 service. Could this be the problem?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Answers

• Options
    Joe_mibusoJoe_mibuso Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

SPNs are since NAV2013 not really necessary.
    normally only the NTLM Authentication on IIS has do be activated, Provider NTLM set to top.
    The Firewall has to be configured correct an the "Web Client Base URL" in the NAV-Service Config (https://Cronus.Nav.net:443/DynamicsNav/WebClient/ --> do not miss the last /) should be correct.

test it with Firefox - the Browser have to ask for your Username an Password, otherwise the authentication will fail
  • Options
    BarryWBarryW Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the response. I checked IIS and Windows Authentication IS enabled for the NAV 2016 Web Client. When I open IE and enter the URL, I get the Microsoft Dynamics NAV page shown in the attached imaged...but that's where it stops.

I tested with Firefox and it did ask for my username and password, which I entered. Then, I first received the exact same page as shown the attached image...then after 15-30 seconds I received the error message stating:
    An error has occurred
    A server error has occurred and the content cannot be displayed.

Additionally, I turned the firewall completely off on IIS for the moment while testing.

Again...no problems encountered when running IE from the IIS server.

Thank you again for any information!

0omxqcojtzzy.jpg
  • Options
    benrbenr Member Posts: 11
    Most likely this is a delegation issue. To get DynamicsNAV to show up in the list of services that can be delegated to you should probably try searching by the NAV service account name. Usually HOST shows up when you search by computer name and DynamicsNAV shows up when you search by the service account name.