Options

Reservation Entry

ignasijuanignasijuan Member Posts: 21
edited 2015-09-23 in NAV Three Tier
Hi : I'm looking for some form, function or procedure to recalculate/regenerate the Reservation Entry Table.
I'm working with NAV 2013 R2 with Manufacturing.
It's possible?.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ignasijuanignasijuan Member Posts: 21
    [-o< There is someone out there with any :idea: ?
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    I'm not aware of any such process. Besides, how would it know what to generate for entries?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
    We recently did this. We had a need to have the system delete and regenerate reservation entries.
    I could share that with you, however it is very specific for our business. We have a non standard field for status on sales orders, and we have a wrapper object that calls the standard reservation objects to create reservations against item ledger entries or purchase lines sorting on that sales line status. It basically calls the standard auto reserve function in a batch.

This kind of thing is very dangerous to try and re-invent (namely item tracking) so we tried to modify standard as little as possible.

Bruce Anderson
  • Options
    ignasi-juanignasi-juan Member Posts: 1
    Thanks Bruce for your contribution.

I know that this kind of process is very dangerous.
    I'm looking for some set of standard procedures that can generate the Reservation Entry to start from scratch.
    Sometimes the information in this table its very difficult to analyse, is very 'atomized', sometimes is carrying records with no sense, or maybe you have programmed insert records in this table with error and you need to delete all entries for an Item, start from scratch and continue the test of your procedures, etc. ...

Anyway, the secret of all of this is get and high knowledge of this but I don't know if there is some White Document that speaks about how is managed the information of this table. How can we use, for example, the standard procedures to assign by code (not manually) reservations for lot numbers, serial numbers, how is managed the Status field for a Reservation and so on ...

In my opinion this part of NAV code is hard to understand and if you try to debug any procedure to understand how NAV assign de reservation entry you can drive you crazy. :'(

Thanks.