Options

problem with unapplying customer ledger entries

linjmurlinjmur Member Posts: 3
when trying to unapply a payment from an invoice, I get the following error message:
Unapplied must be equal to 'No' in Detailed Cust. Ledg. Entry: Entry No.=498. Current value is 'Yes'.

Note that the entry is definitely applied (the only one for this customer). And Entry 498 has not been created yet (last one is 497).

Comments

• Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi linjmur,

sounds somehow familiar. I just took a tour through the NAV2015 unapply function. Yes, there seems to be a possible bug. The entry that is causing the error was generated during posting. It will be forced to Unapplied = "Yes". A loop later, the newly created entry craps out on the testfield(Unapplied,false).

di61ciho1wnd.png

Now, this is in CU12, UnapplyCustLedgEntry(), NAV2015 CU 10. From what I understand a VAT related unapply is done before the real run, that can create some additional entries. They will show up in the next loop (transaction no. is not filtered), and they are already set to unapplied.
    The question is: Is this intended? do they have to be counted into the totals? Looks like it. I don't understand it yet, though. The code in NAV2009R2 (although completely differently distributed in CU 12) doesn't have this second loop. Do you have some additional details regarding this unapply? Maybe the detailed entries of the CL entries you want to unapply as excel?

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    linjmurlinjmur Member Posts: 3
    thank you for your response Jens. Unfortunately for me your answer is outside of my technical knowledge.. I am an accountant. I'll have to show your response to IS dept. Some more info: we are on 2013R2. Also the error is sporadic. I get the error message again and again and then try again and it will work. I can't see that I'm doing anything different. I've seen this problem posted before but no answer given.
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi linjmur,
    the issue is probably older... 2013R2 is possible, this was the release where Codeunit 12 was refactored. This "sporadic" issue bugs me. It should be deterministic. Do you have automatic jobs like adjust exchange rates, background posting of invoices and so on?
    with best regards
    Jens
  • Options
    joshuasungjoshuasung Member Posts: 37
    Throw that problems to VAR,
    my clients always do that to me. LOL

sounds like either data has been created wrong on previous transactions, or exchange rate related.
    (when you have exchange rate, applied date becomes matter again)
    Joshua H Sung

Sr. Project Manager
    S-Metric, LLC
    jsung@smetric.com