Cache Size when opening local copy of DB

jethropennyjethropenny Member Posts: 4
edited 2015-09-30 in Navision Attain
HI Guys

We were recently working on something and emptied a table of data by accident and i am now trying to restore from a backup. I managed to extract our 2 FDB files from the backup and have it loaded on a windows XP machine. I have clicked open database and entered client only under server name. I have selected both fdb files with C:\database1.fdb+C:\database2.fdb

But i am now receiving an error about the cache is too small. The cache must be min 0.012% of the database size.

I know there is an option to set the cache when you create services on a live server but i don't want to go through that whole mission to get some info from one table if i don't need to.

Is there another\easier way?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    Yes, there is (more than 1 actually):

1)
    -stop the DB-service
    -properties of the DB-service => there is a field "startup parameters". put in "CACHE=10000" (or a higher number) and start the service. It will take this new number and save it in the registry for the future.

2) edit the registry: be very careful with this one!
    -stop the DB-service
    -start the registry editor (if you don't know how to do this, better don't use this way!)
    -search for the the name of your service (it is possible there are more places where you can find it.)
    -Change the key "CACHE" to the new value you want to use.
    -start the DB-service. If it didn't take the new value, put it back as it was and search again. probably there is another entry that is the correct one.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• jethropennyjethropenny Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply.