Options

Navision Timer 1.0 Not found

itspeteritspeter Member Posts: 105
Hi,

Client access Navision by a link to the server. Navision application is sitting in server's share folder.

I'm using Navision Timer 1.0 in one of the form, it prompt error when client trying to access it.

It prompt unknown automation server.unknown class.

Do I need to install anything in client's pc to make this work?

Thanks.
Regards,
Peter Ng

Answers

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Try looking for the file ntimer.dll. This needs to be available (and registered) on the client PC.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    I paste the NTimer.dll into System32, and even register "regsvr32 NTimer.dll".

Still the error appears. :-s

Did I miss out any other associate files.

Is there a way to push the dll and register them for all clients?
    Regards,
    Peter Ng
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Which GUID is unknown? Is it {3B311C81-140E-11D5-8B18-00D0590B4EC5} or some other? (this is GUID for the ntimer.dll)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    This message is for C/AL programmers:

Could not create an instance of the OLE control or Automation server identified by GUID={3B311C81-140E-11D5-8B18-00D0590B4EC5} 1.0:{3B311C92-140E-11D5-8B18-00D0590B4EC5}:Unknown Automation Server.Unknown Class.
    Check that the OLE control Automation server is correctly installed and registered.

Regards,
    Peter Ng
  • Options
    OK, than try to unregister (regsvr32 /u ntimer.dll) and reregister the DLL, it seems, that it is not correctly installed. And you can check the virtual table 2000000046 Automation Servers if you can see the library there (on the PC where the error happened)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Unregister and register again, cannot find the detail for "Navision Timer 1.0" in the Automation Server table.
    Regards,
    Peter Ng
  • Options
    I install on 2 other PC, and it works. Could be the earlier one did not register properly. :-k

Thanks.
    Regards,
    Peter Ng
  • Options
    May be some dependency missing on the first one...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I need to double check on the first one, because I remotely guide user through phone. Lazy to climb up. :whistle:

2 others tested, and works.
    Regards,
    Peter Ng