Options

NAV 2013 R2. "Username Authentication" and web client

delaghettodelaghetto Member Posts: 89
edited 2015-01-11 in NAV Three Tier
I'm unable to login to through the web client. I always get error of invalid username or password.

I've done all the configuration about certificates, IIS web.config, etc.

The NAV server is on a domain called MICOM.local, I get the login screen, and I've tried with MICOM\username and algo username@MICOM.local, but always get the error

I can correctly login with the windows client in the domain, that is with Windows Authentication.

Has anyone been able to setup the "username" authentication?

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, working for me without problems. Check the event log on client and on the server for more info. There could be problém with the certificate trust chain, subject name etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    A few doubts,

In the NAV server administration tool can I have Credential Type: Windows? I want Windows client users to Active Directory athentication. But then I have some external users that I need Username or NAVUserPassword Authentication. Is this possible?

Do I need the certificate thumbprint to make this work?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to have two or more instances of the server, each with different authenticaion mode. It is not problem to create them. And if you are using something other than Windows authentication, you need to use certificate, to encrypt the transferred password...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    majormarcell1988majormarcell1988 Member Posts: 20
    Hi,

have you tried to change the nav server's log in credentials ? As well restart ISS ?
  • Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hey,

As per my Understanding you have configured the web client properly with -

-IIS.
    -Authentication at Service Tier.
    -Certificate Import.
    -Certificate Thumbprint.
    -ISS Authentication.

And You are able to browse the web client which in turn asking you for User Name and password.

Queries -
    1. Did you tried to login on Windows Client with this Service. (First thing need to check)

If its working fine on windows client then it should be a configuration error.

Let us know Results of testing the login on windows client with Username and Password.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

Creating a second instance of NAV server pointing to the same database was the solution for me. LIke this I can support both authentication modes.
  • Options
    dadafolabidadafolabi Member Posts: 7
    Esteem colleagues,

I have a similar problem with NAV 2015 which I just implemented. Windows authentication is working really fine for users on the active directory. But for users who are not in the active directory, I created a NavUserPassword for them on the NAV Server. The WebClient opens showing the Username and Password dialog but it doesn't connect when username and password are typed. I also tried to create another server instance changing the credential type to NavUserPassword but it didn't start. ](*,)

Should I have used Username instead of NavUserPassword? or what am I doing wrongly?

I will appreciate a detail step for this solution.
  • Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,

I think the steps of configuring NAV 2015 with NAVUserNamePassword Remain Same as of NAV 2013 & NAV 2013 R2.

If you are looking for detailed steps please refer - http://saurav-nav.blogspot.in/2013/11/n ... lient.html

If you can share the error message from the RTC Client while trying to connect with configuration and the event viewer log we will be able to help.

Let us know if any issues.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page