Options

remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error

smshydsmshyd Member Posts: 72
edited 2014-12-05 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,
I am very much new to Dotnet world. I have a few lines of code using automations. I would like to change the code by using dot net functionality But I am getting following error, and code is followed after error
A call to System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse failed with this message: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
But web service is working fine with automation variable. Any way to solve above issue, or if I am wrong in my approach , suggest correct approach
Name	DataType	Subtype	Length
Credential	DotNet	System.Net.NetworkCredential.'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'	
MemoryStream	DotNet	System.IO.MemoryStream.'mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'	
XMLRequestDoc	DotNet	System.Xml.XmlDocument.'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'	
XMLResponseDoc	DotNet	System.Xml.XmlDocument.'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'	
XMLProsInstr	DotNet	System.Xml.XmlProcessingInstruction.'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'	
XMLElement1	DotNet	System.Xml.XmlElement.'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'	
XMLElement2	DotNet	System.Xml.XmlElement.'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'	
XMLElement3	DotNet	System.Xml.XmlElement.'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'	
XMLNode4	DotNet	System.Xml.XmlNode.'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'	
XMLNsMgr	DotNet	System.Xml.XmlNamespaceManager.'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'	
msURL	Text		
oRequest	DotNet	System.Net.HttpWebRequest.'System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'	
oResponse	DotNet	System.Net.HttpWebResponse.'System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'	
Ouri	DotNet	System.Uri.'System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'	

XMLRequestDoc := XMLResponseDoc.XmlDocument;
XMLProsInstr := XMLRequestDoc.CreateProcessingInstruction('xml','version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"');
XMLRequestDoc.AppendChild(XMLProsInstr);

XMLElement1 := XMLRequestDoc.CreateElement('soap','Envelope','http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema');
XMLElement1.SetAttribute('xmlns:xsi','http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance');
XMLElement1.SetAttribute('xmlns:xsd','http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/');
XMLElement2 := XMLRequestDoc.CreateElement('soap','Body', 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/');
XMLElement3 := XMLRequestDoc.CreateElement('insertuserbyerpid');
XMLElement3.SetAttribute('xmlns',STRSUBSTNO('http://tempuri.org/'));
XMLNode4 := XMLRequestDoc.CreateElement('erpuserid');
XMLNode4.InnerText := ID;
XMLElement3.AppendChild(XMLNode4);
XMLElement3.AppendChild(XMLNode4);
XMLElement2.AppendChild(XMLElement3);
XMLElement1.AppendChild(XMLElement2);
XMLRequestDoc.AppendChild(XMLElement1);
XMLRequestDoc.Save('C:\TEMP\RequestDotNet.xml');
msURL := GetEShopServiceURL;
Ouri := Ouri.Uri(msURL);
oRequest := oRequest.Create(msURL);
oRequest.Method := 'POST';
oRequest.ContentType := 'text/xml; charset=utf-8'; //'XML'
oRequest.KeepAlive := TRUE;
oRequest.Timeout := 10000;
MemoryStream := oRequest.GetRequestStream;
XMLRequestDoc.Save(MemoryStream);
SLEEP(100);
MemoryStream.Flush;
MemoryStream.Close;
oResponse:=oResponse.HttpWebResponse; //DESMS120314
oRequest := oRequest.GetResponse;
MemoryStream := oResponse.GetResponseStream;
XMLResponseDoc := XMLResponseDoc.XmlDocument;
XMLResponseDoc.Load(MemoryStream);
SLEEP(100);
MemoryStream.Flush;
MemoryStream.Close;
XMLNsMgr := XMLNsMgr.XmlNamespaceManager(XMLResponseDoc.NameTable);
XMLNsMgr.AddNamespace('urn',STRSUBSTNO('urn:microsoft-dynamics-schemas/codeunit/%1','Insertuserbyerpid'));
XMLNode4 := XMLResponseDoc.SelectSingleNode('//urn:return_value',XMLNsMgr);

IF UPPERCASE(XMLNode4.InnerText) = 'FALSE' THEN BEGIN
  XMLNode4 :=  XMLResponseDoc.SelectSingleNode('//urn:responseMessage',XMLNsMgr);
  ERROR(XMLNode4.InnerText);
END;

Comments

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,125
    Hi smshyd,

there's probably nothing wrong with your Webrequest call but rather with the SOAP Request document you are sending. It might be an authentication problem though.

Along with the status 500, the web server usually sends you some explanation. You will want to inspect that info. Either use a network monitor to capture the communication or add a wrapper to your Webrequest that allows you to catch and handle Dotnet exceptions.

You might be interested in the following AddOn from the German NAV Developers Blog, if you opt for the latter: Catch Me If You Can – try-catch für .NET in C/AL