Options

Function maketext in codeunit 1

ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
edited 2014-10-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hi
I came along a strange issue with maketext. While searching for the issue I added a debug message on the first line of function maketext. In classic the message fired as planned, but never in RTC. Is this function called at all in RTC :?
Btw 1: NAV 2009R2
Btw 2: Debugging in Visual Studio was also negative, same for function getglobaltriggermask, which is used for changelog.
Thanks in advance
Thomas

Answers

• Options
    Nobody? Do you need more detailed info?
    Thx in advance, any tips appreciated.
    Thomas
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    It's not called, you are correct.
  • Options
    It's not called, you are correct.
    Thanks!
    This also applies to the LogFunction GetTableTriggerMask, doesnt it? But from where is the log mechanism started then?
    Regards
    Thomas
  • Options
    Peter76Peter76 Member Posts: 10
    The functions "OnDatabaseInsert", "OnDatabaseModify", OnDatabaseDelete", and "OnDatabaseRename" are the ones that are called for any modification to records in the database. This is true for NAV 2009 and NAV 2013. The functions "OnGlobalInsert", "OnGlobalModify", "OnGlobalDelete", and "OnGlobalRename" are functions called when the respective table triggers are executed (for INSERT(TRUE), MODIFY(TRUE)...). This is where any of the logging is starting now.

NAV 2013 now has the GetTableDatabaseTableTriggerSetup, which is basically a "replacement" of "GetGlobalTableTriggerMask".
    Peter Zentner
    NAV Practice Manager at Clients First Business Solutions

Did you check out our free training videos at www.dynamics-nav-training.com?
    Look at our blogs.
  • Options
    Thanks, I will close the issue!
    Regards
    Thomas
  • Options
    jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    Hi all,
    We just upgraded to NAV2013. We had modified MakeText (and created MakeCode) in 3.7B to keep copy/pasted CR/LF/TABs out of our database. Since going live we have started to see these hidden characters making there way back into our database. I did the same as the original poster did and saw that MakeText does not appear to be called.

How is everyone else getting around this? It seems silly to modify EVERY text/code field in every user-entry table in NAV to call a custom function to delete these characters on entry.

I found this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32805&hilit=maketext where user gerdhuebner talked about modifying GetGlobalTableTriggerMask but warned of a performance hit.

EDIT: it looks like the client is dropping CR/LF automatically, but will allow me to paste a TAB character into a text field.
    kind of fell into this...