Options

Navision Development I EXAM

demi222demi222 Member Posts: 131
to take navision development I exam, do you need to have already taken navision programming exam?

which is harder, navision programming exam or navision development I exam?

what do I need to study for navision development I exam?

thanks in advance... 8-[

Comments

• Options
    kikkomankikkoman Member Posts: 57
    you do NOT have to take the Programming exam before you take the Development exam. I was wondering this same question and asked someone at MBS. They said there is no prerequisite for any of the exams. They said there used to be, but not anymore.

from what i have read, the programming one is easier b/c it covers the basis of programming, and the development one goes into alot more detail.

i have searched and read that for the development exam, you need to read these pdf's
    1) Application Designer Guide
    2) Navision Attain Objects.pdf
    3) Navision Attain C-AL.pdf
    4) Integration Tools for Navision Attain.pdf
    5) Navision Attain Architecture.pdf

study "Implementation Methodology" and "Navision Analysis Methodology" and "Navision Project Fullfilment".
    there are alot of questions over "Navision Project Management"

questions about advanced programming issues, source code optimization and style guide conformity.

I have not taken either one, and am studying. i am taking the development course next week, so that will prepare me alot more. i have searched and this is what i have found so far.
    i am not sure if these materials have changed....but i heard that some people could not find some of the manuals, but definitely the development one is harder.

if anyone has sample questions on either exam, that would be super beneficial to me...so please send them....and i'll be searching the forums for previous posts about this subject as well.. i can see that there have been some sample questions that have already been posted which is great, but any help is definitely appreciated...

thanks everyone,
  • Options
    demi222demi222 Member Posts: 131
    Thanks kikkoman!!

I have 4 of the 5 pdf's you mentioned... I don't seem to have the Application Designer Guide. Does anyone know where I can download this?

Also, when you say
    <<study "Implementation Methodology" and "Navision Analysis Methodology" and "Navision Project Fullfilment".
    there are alot of questions over "Navision Project Management" >>

are these sections in the PDF's? I'm taking the Programming soon, but am preparing as well for the development exam..

thanks for your help!
  • Options
    FiveFive Member Posts: 32
    Good Luck Kikoman

hope the swatting is going good.just as a matter of interest how long have you been working with navision before you decided to take the plunge for the exam.

I am wondering what is advisable.

other than that all the best and keep us informed
    Compile and then Recompile ....
  • Options
    kikkomankikkoman Member Posts: 57
    i think this is a link for the application designer guide. it is one of the basic manuals that teach you about tables, forms, reports, dataports, codeunits, etc...

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5159

as far as do the questions lie in the pdf's, i think they would, but im not sure. that is just a post i saw, sorry about that!

Five, as far as how long i have been working in navision....since november 2004, so roughly 4 months now...i'll probably take the programming and development exams within the next month or so, but as far as when you should take it, it depends on if you have programming experience b/c if you do, then the structure and logic of programming should be similar. it seems that C/AL has different methodologies that have to be followed as compared to when you program in different languages since its an ERP.

hope this helps!
  • Options
    Joe_MathisJoe_Mathis Member Posts: 173
    The ADG should be on the product CD in the DOC folder.

The most I've been able to find about methodology is in a Navision Book called Solution Development Training. I cannot find the *.pdf file for it though, we just have the printed one. It is basically the first two chapters. There used to be a course taught by Navision that covered this I am told... but it apparently is not taught anymore.

Best of Luck

J
  • Options
    RichardB91RichardB91 Member Posts: 2
    The original post specifically mentions the Navision "Development I" exam. The names of some of the Navision exams have changed recently with the release of Navision 4.0. My understanding is that the development/programming/C/SIDE exam names have changed as follows.

The Navision "Programming" exam was later known as the "Development I" exam (at least internally by MBS) and is now known as the "C/SIDE Introduction" exam.

The Navision "Development" exam was later known as the "Development II" exam (at least internally by MBS) and is now known as the "C/SIDE Solution Development" exam.

I had some communications with mbs-cert@micrsoft.com who referred to the "Development I" and "Development II" exams, but I suspect that these were 'working' names used by MBS as they reflected the corresponding course names (Programming exam=Development I course; Development exam=Development II course).

The Pearson VUE website now lists the Navision 4.0 versions of these exams (although, when I last looked it said that they were not yet available for delivery). The exam details are:

NA 40-221 Navision 4.0 C/SIDE Introduction
    (formerly known as Programming and Development I)

NA 40-222 Navision 4.0 C/SIDE Solution Development
    (formerly known as Development and Development II)
  • Options
    RichardB91RichardB91 Member Posts: 2
    FYI, and further to my previous post, I have had communications with mbs-cert@microsoft.com regarding the status of the Navision 4.0 exams listed on the Pearson VUE website. The exam codes for all these exams have the prefix 'NA', e.g. NA 40-221 for 'Navision 4.0 C/SIDE Introduction'. mbs-cert@microsoft.com have confirmed that these are the Navision V4.0 world-wide exams (that were previously prefixed with 'W1'). The 'NA' stands for Navision.
  • Options
    GeoRaGeoRa Member Posts: 21
    Does anyone have a link to these PDF?

1) Application Designer Guide
    2) Navision Attain Objects.pdf
    3) Navision Attain C-AL.pdf
    4) Integration Tools for Navision Attain.pdf
    5) Navision Attain Architecture.pdf

or

"Implementation Methodology"
    "Navision Analysis Methodology"
    "Navision Project Fullfilment".
    "Navision Project Management"

Thanks
  • Options
    The application designer guide is on your CD in the docs directory.

I would like the last four myself. :)

-Joe
  • Options
    yes, I already have that one.

But the others?

Please post a link if you have them.
  • Options
    curecure Member Posts: 77
    Hi there, I was once at the Development Exame (W1-05-011 Attain Development Version 3.01) but I failed. There was a lot of Questions about Navision Project Management Standards, Implementation Methodology and so on.

So, if everyone has some PDF's about these thinks, I would be very happy (and maybe other guys too).

good day
    cure
  • Options
    edited 2005-09-26
    I found it! :D

I was going to try send the Navision Implementation Methodology to the downloads area. ](*,)
    BUT The file is 6.3MB and submitting limit is 2MB.

I found room here.

http://members.cox.net/santa_claus.nort ... gy_PDF.zip

-Joe
  • Options
    Can some one help him?

Or.... you can split the document (for example with winrar..)

Or you can send it to my e-mail. And I will train to post it on web.

Thanks for trying
  • Options
    Dmitry_ChadaevDmitry_Chadaev Member Posts: 52
    Hi everybody,

I tried NA 40-221 Navision 4.0 C/SIDE Introduction 3 weeks ago.
    One advice - study XML Ports and Menu Suits carefully - I totally ignored them during preparations and lost many points (however I passed it anyway :))

Have fun.
    Best regards,
    Dmitry
  • Options
    xrivoxrivo Member Posts: 56
    Can you give us some sample questions from that exam? thx
    [-o<
  • Options
    AlxAlx Member Posts: 38
    Hello everyone!

I've searched the web and I can't seem to find any of the 4 documents mentioned above:

"Implementation Methodology"
    "Navision Analysis Methodology"
    "Navision Project Fullfilment".
    "Navision Project Management"

Can anyone post any links to those docs...?

Thanx in advance,

Alx
  • Options
    Iqbal_FebrianoIqbal_Febriano Member Posts: 66
    Those subjects (Implementation Methodology, etc) are on Navision Developer.pdf
    Be fast, be straight, be quiet
  • Options
    csearlecsearle Member Posts: 14
    The documentation available is vague at best. I purchased the instructor materials and was able to get some very good information.
  • Options
    SomasSomas Member Posts: 4
    Hi Freinds ! I need some sample question paper on microsoft navision develoment exam .

Please Help me!!!
  • Options
    HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    See the first topic in the statistics ... :whistle:
  • Options
    SomasSomas Member Posts: 4
    Actually , I need a practice exam paper .
  • Options
    HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    I don't think that this kind of document exists ... :cry:
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Last time I did the test it was in Navision. Not on paper. They had built a program in Navision to take the test, and you got the result emideately.

But that was years ago...