Options

How to launch Navision thru Remote Desktop Connection

jakobjakob Member Posts: 3
edited 2013-12-17 in Navision Attain
Hi,

I have developed a small application in navision that automatically generates an email message to certain users. This email contains a link to a certain form in Navision. When the recipient clicks on the link, it automatically launched navision and opens the appropriate form. This link works fine if the user is logon locally to the LAN, but it the user is connected via Remote Desktop Connection the link won't work.

My question is how to create a link on the email that would automatically launched RDC and open the appropriate form in navision? Or simply, how to launch navision thru RDC?

I have look thru the connection file parameter of RDC but that would mean generating this file along with the mail. If I will be able to generate this file and attach it to the email, my problem would be how to use this attachment as the connection file to RDC...

Some ideas would be highly appreciated...

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Does the RDC directly startup navision, or does it first show the desktop and can the users use all programms?

Perhaps you can send them an email for the RDC and tell the remote server what to do when the user connects?
  • Options
    jakobjakob Member Posts: 3
    a good friend of mine has shed a little light....

He said that instead of clicking the link, just double click on the attach RDP file and that will automatically launch RDC. After authentication RDC will then open Navision...I've tried it and it work... :D
  • Options
    Vineeth.RVineeth.R Member Posts: 121
    jakob wrote:
    Hi,

I have developed a small application in navision that automatically generates an email message to certain users. This email contains a link to a certain form in Navision. When the recipient clicks on the link, it automatically launched navision and opens the appropriate form. This link works fine if the user is logon locally to the LAN, but it the user is connected via Remote Desktop Connection the link won't work.

My question is how to create a link on the email that would automatically launched RDC and open the appropriate form in navision? Or simply, how to launch navision thru RDC?

I have look thru the connection file parameter of RDC but that would mean generating this file along with the mail. If I will be able to generate this file and attach it to the email, my problem would be how to use this attachment as the connection file to RDC...

Some ideas would be highly appreciated...

Hi I need to create a link in the email which when clicked open certan form in navision. How did you do your application.
    Can you give some hints?
    Thanks and Regards
    Vineeth.R