Options

ClosedXML

csimoneaux0527csimoneaux0527 Member Posts: 21
edited 2014-08-01 in NAV Three Tier
I Love the topic Dotnet and Excel in Nav 2013. I understand all of the code in Navision but I do not understand Kauffmann instructions.

1.Download ClosedXML for .Net Framework 3.5.
2.Unzip the file and copy ClosedXML.dll to the Add-ins folder of your Classic Client and the Service Tier.
3.Download DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll. (Part of the Open XML SDK 2.0 for Microsoft Office, you can download and install the complete SDK as well)
4.Locate the downloaded (or installed) DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll and copy it to the Add-ins folder of the Service Tier

I have done #1 and I have copied it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\70\RoleTailored Client\Add-ins,
but I do not have a clue for the rest Would someone please provide a little more instruction.
I know the Service Tier refers to NavServ, NavSQL and NavClient(listed above)
How can I find out where the Add-in folder is on NavSQL and NavServ?

I really need this addin. It is just what I have been looking for.

Please help.
](*,)

Comments

• Options
    thegunzothegunzo Member Posts: 274
    Hi,

You can look here http://www.dynamics.is/?s=closedxml
    I also have a dedicated codeunit that has a lot of the functions used in ClosedXML and makes Excel document creation a lot easier.
    http://www.dynamics.is
    http://Objects4NAV.com
  • Options
    This does help after I get the update to NavServ and NavSQL but I know I am a dummy with anything outside of Nav envoriment.

I need exact steps to tell me how to locate exactly where and How can I find out where the Add-in folder is on NavSQL and NavServ (referenced in the instructions listed in original post)? ](*,)

I do understand Visual Studio about 78%.
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    the Add-ins folder for the service in the program files directory:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\71\Service\Add-ins

For the client:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\71\RoleTailored Client\Add-ins

You should become familiar with the structure since this is also where you apply the platform updates.

71 is for rel 2013 R2
    70 is is for 2013.
    They will probably have the same naming structure for future releases - until everything changes again....
  • Options
    Thank you Davmac1 for final instructions. This really helped. =D> \:D/

I do not do upgrades. I work for end user as Developer and support. Our Var has difficulty supporting us. I want to learn more but there are never enough hours in the day.
    I jumped from Nav 2006 to 2013. This was a major shock. I have self taught VS in the last couple of months and am about 78% there. I have only been using 2013 since April 2014. I am a fast learner but I still have a way to go.

Again Thanks for your help