NAS on a 2.60e

gremirezgremirez Member Posts: 4
edited 2014-06-23 in Navision Financials
Hello,

I am working on an integration between a Navision 2.60e Server (no sql) and other system.

I've got a .NET dll to register on Navision and do the work.

But, I've got to execute it every minute, and without User Interface.

Can I install Navision Application Server to do that timer execution?

If not, how could y do that?

Thanks for all.

Bye.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    The NAS was introduced in NAV3.01 (maybe also 3.00 but this version was never released).

The only way is the create a form with a timer. Then you run a client and run the form and leave it open. It is dirty but there was no other option.

Best would be to do a technical upgrade and use the NAS and the timer-automation.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• gremirezgremirez Member Posts: 4
    Thanks kriki but an upgrade is not possible.

And an open form neither.

Another solution?
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    If you only need to read/write data from/to NAV, you could write a .NET application which uses C/ODBC to interact with your database. With C/ODBC you can't execute business logic however. If that is needed, you could use C/FRONT. But as these granules are probably not already in your license file, and as you probably don't have a maintenance contract anymore, then you can't add these to your license. Which means you are stuck.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • gremirezgremirez Member Posts: 4
    Hello Luc Van Dyck,

could you help me with any link to an example or documentation of C/ODBC connection?

Thanks.