Options

Formatting numbers in Reports

MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
I have declared and populated an array of type integer in a report in Navision 3.07B

I want to add a thousands comma to these so 34000 comes out 34,000 etc. But Ive tried it in the FORMAT property of the text box and Ive tried using the FORMAT() function in the sourceexpression property. Neither is working for me so im sure im doing something wrong. What would the best way of doing this be?

GaMBe

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I don't think an Integer can be formatted this way, try converting it to a decimal.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Isn't it automatically formatting those numbers with your computer's settings? It may be because you are using integers instead of decimals, like Mark says.
  • Options
    Im still unsure how to use formatting. Anything I do from the help menu seems to make the field either go BLANK or display a ZERO. Weird, but im obviously messing up the syntax now so heres my new question.....

now that I have it on decimal it IS putting in the commas but is is ALSO putting in decimals which I dont want. So now how to I format them out?

Gavin
  • Options
    Use
    <Sign><Integer Thousand>

In the format property
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    edited 2005-09-15
    If you want to just cut the decimals off, put

<Sign><Integer Thousand>

in the Format-Property of the field.

If you want it rounded, use the ROUND function ( ROUND(...,1)) in the source expression.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    Same option twice :D

This must be the right solution :!:
  • Options
    Thank you all. Being a beginner sucks but Im getting it.
  • Options
    We all went that way, and learning never gets booring. :D
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You'll be posting answers to other people's questions in no time :)
  • Options
    I hope so! Navision is pretty new here in Ireland. Not too many companies use it (i dont think ive seen anyone else in ireland registered here either). So Im glad Im learning ahead of the bunch!!!

At least this forum doesnt have the newbie haters that most forums do :) You should try reading the telephone tech talk forums at sundance.com :)

GaMBe
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Mauddib wrote:
    I hope so! Navision is pretty new here in Ireland. Not too many companies use it (i dont think ive seen anyone else in ireland registered here either).
    Don't worry, it will get better in Ireland. :wink:
    I have an international customer that decided to put all the databases in 1 point with citrix-access. Guess which country take took to put all the databases.... Ireland :!:
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!