Options

Going from Value Entry to Posted Sales Invoice line

c.kestasc.kestas Member Posts: 15
I am looking for a link that would enable me to locate the Sales Invoice Line record that generated a value entry.

The document number on the Value Entry is not a reliable link because the same number could appear on different documents.

The Value Entry number is not saved on the Sales Line as I would expect, either.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    MonstaMonsta Member Posts: 38
    Unfortunately there is no other link, just posting date + document no. Could you explain what you're trying to achieve. Maybe there is another way.
  • Options
    c.kestasc.kestas Member Posts: 15
    Basically I want to create a report of Sales Transactions by Item.

The problem is that I have added some new fields on the Sales Lines table that get propagated during posting to the Posted Shipment/invoice/cr.memo/Return Rcpt. These new fields must be shown on the report I want to create.

One way to do the report would be to go through the above posted documents. Going through the Item Ledger and Value Entry table however would be easier because one would go through all entries of the same item in one go. Furthermore, this approach would give a more complete picture in terms of all quantity and values.
  • Options
    wakestarwakestar Member Posts: 207
    check out table 6508 Value Entry Relation
  • Options
    Table 6508 Value Entry Relation is only used for items with tracking.
  • Options
    wakestarwakestar Member Posts: 207
    TRUE
  • Options
    lakshmivallurulakshmivalluru Member Posts: 168
    same document can be appearing BUT not for the same customer.So try using the following fields:

Item Ledger Entry Type - Sale
    Source Type - Customer
    Source No - (Customer no)
    Document No.
    Posting Date.
    LR
  • Options
    edited 2005-09-23
    The best solution is to modify posting procedure so you new customized fields appear in Item Ledger Entry and/or Value Entry tables.
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Monsta wrote:
    The best solution is to modify posting procedure so you new customized fields appear in Value Entry table.

I agree, this is the best way to go.

If you do this, please note that value entries are created at more than one place in Navision, unlike the normal entries.

Succes :D