Options

Three levels on related tables in a page

dwkdwk Member Posts: 9
edited 2014-05-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have 3 tables Header, Line, Comment, which needs to be related to each other. Lines are linked to header on a field called "No.", and comments are linked to Lines on "No." and "Line No."
So, I can show a List of Header records, with a ListPart of Line records showing the lines ofr the currently highlighted Header record.
So far, so good, now for the problem:
I would to show the comment line records related to the highlighted Line record, and show this in the same page.

I have tried making a List Page for the header, and a ListPart for the lines, and the comment lines.
I cannot have a listpart inside a listpart, so that wont work.
I can have two listparts in the list page, but I cannot relate to anything but the header table. What I really need to do is link the second listpart to the first listpart.

Any ideas on how to achieve this, if it is at all possible ?

Comments

• Options
    SiStSiSt Member Posts: 46
    edited 2014-05-09
    Yes it is possible. Add both parts to the card page. On the second part set the ProviderID to the ID of the first part. Save the page and set the SubFormLink (SubPageLink). The source table for the link is now the table from the control you selected with the ProviderID.

I think this feature is intended to be used with factBoxes and not for the layout you want to achieve, but it is working fine in my test system.
  • Options
    SiSt wrote:
    Yes it is possible. Add both parts to the card page. On the second part set the ProviderID to the ID of the first part. Save the page and set the SubFormLink (SubPageLink). The source table for the link is now the table from the control you selected with the ProviderID.

I think this feature is intended to be used with factBoxes and not for the layout you want to archive, but it is working fine in my test system.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying correctly.
    In the SubPageLink options you can only have constant values, as far as I know. Please correct me if I am wrong.
  • Options
    SiStSiSt Member Posts: 46
    For the SubFormLink/SubPageLink you can select if you want to filter on a constant value, apply a filter or link the page by using a field. The table used on the left side is the table used in the part, so you have to select a valid one, before you can select the fields. The fields for a field link are the one from the source table of the ProviderID or the parent page if you don't sepcify the providerID. The SubFormView/SubpageView can only be used to apply constant filters.
  • Options
    Hi again,

Once I understood that the provider id needs to be the ID of the control, everything clicked into place.

Thank you for your help!