Options

NAV 2013 R2 SQL ERROR ON MODIFY FIELD INDEX

MrMnavDMrMnavD Member Posts: 3
edited 2013-11-26 in NAV Three Tier
I'm a computer science guy, on my company we already have installed dynamics nav 2013 r2 on the server. It works fine but, yesterday one of the programmers came with this bug. When we replicate it we found that it corrupts the entire database, and we have to restore it to an early point.

What he did was delete 3 fields on a table, a custom table, 50000, not a nav standard table, after he delete those fields he rename those to and finally change the index of the fields. What happens was a SQL error shown on the image below. This error corrupt the entire database and we have to restore it from a previous backup.

If anyone knows what happens here any help will be helpfull to solve this problem. We replicate it like i said. The SQL Server is 2008 r2 on a windows server 2008 r2

Sorry for my english :roll:

Comments

• Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    My Spanish is not very good...does the error say the name "Transfer Blocked" is already in use?
    How is "Prevent data loss from table changes" parameter set?
  • Options
    MrMnavDMrMnavD Member Posts: 3
    This is the error translated to english

Error:The new Name 'Transfer Blocked' is already in use as a column name and it will create an invalid duplicate.

Caution: Changing any part of an object name could break scripts and stored procedures.

Caution: Changing any part of an object name could break scripts and stored procedures.

The 'Transfer Blocked' has an index and after delete the other fields we reindexed this field. And the error ocurrs.