Options

Force Unlock Permission Error

parambparamb Member Posts: 85
edited 2013-11-25 in NAV Three Tier
One of my team member created a Nav database in Nav 2009 R2. I am a super user. But I cannot Force Unlock a table object. I get the generic error message: 'You do not have permission to modify the Table. Contact you system administrator to have your permissions changed'.

Do I require any other permission in SQL Server side apart from Super user in NAV.

Any help is really appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    paramb wrote:
    One of my team member created a Nav database in Nav 2009 R2. I am a super user. But I cannot Force Unlock a table object. I get the generic error message: 'You do not have permission to modify the Table. Contact you system administrator to have your permissions changed'.

Do I require any other permission in SQL Server side apart from Super user in NAV.

Any help is really appreciated.

Hi

You need "Owner" role on your database.

Bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply.

I have checked my Login Properties of the SQL Server and found that I have been given sysadmin role. Also I have setup db_Owner under Database role membership.

But I continue to receive the same error message.
  • Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Probably I'm wrong but it seems a license problem to me: are you and your colleague using the same license?
  • Options
    Yes. License caused the issue. I have imported the latest license and ALL GOOD NOW!....

Thank you very much.